• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New gas range burn out time?

Miss Mary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
Please help. They delivered my new gas range today and will be hooking it up. I’ve been informed to do a burn out before allowing my Parrotlet Kai out of the sealed off room he has been living in for several weeks now. What exactly is burn out time and please tell me for how long? Someone mentioned it was the oven and they ran it on 400 for two hours while another person said it was the time it took the gas to run through all the burners. Are they both right? I’m very confused and need to get this right the first time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Worried.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:bump7:

Miss Mary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
You will smell the issue and he can't come out until you don't. :D

I ended up running mine a few hours a day for a few days before trusting with my birds.
Thank you for your reply. Sounds like good advice.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I had a new heat exchanger put in and when it was burn out time, (the exchange is gas and electric,) to be safe, I took Valentine to board her overnite.

Miss Mary

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
I had a new heat exchanger put in and when it was burn out time, (the exchange is gas and electric,) to be safe, I took Valentine to board her overnite.
Thank you for your reply. I also thought of sending Kai elsewhere.