• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Galah dad

MortonGro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Eric
I would just go by what she wants. If she wants to interact with you or come out of her cage I would let her. Just make sure you have a treat or a meal to encourage her to go back into her cage.

If she already knows you, it might help her settle in if a familiar person is around.
Should it be her day cage or night cage? Thanks for the advice.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations.

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Cockatoos are really friendly cuddly birds from what I have heard.
If you are spending more time with her because of lockdown establish the routine you would when you are working or away so she gets used to it and doesnt get upset when you do go back.

You probably already know this but I though it's a good idea to tell you in case you dont.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She looks like a bright-eyed little baby!

MortonGro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Eric
If you are spending more time with her because of lockdown establish the routine you would when you are working or away so she gets used to it and doesnt get upset when you do go back.

You probably already know this but I though it's a good idea to tell you in case you dont.
Thank you. I need to remember this definitely. It is hard not to play with her all day but I can't.