• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Galah dad

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I've heard that male galahs have brown or black eyes where-as females have more red eyes... however, I do not know at what age this can be used to sex them (I doubt for chicks) and that it's not a completely reliable method. At least with DNA you wont have to wait too long!

I can't imagine a galah would be completely weaned before 12-16 weeks in age. They should be eating on their own for a minimum of 2 weeks before going home and regressing is always a possibility with chicks. That is, they'll need comfort feedings.

Congrats on your feathered addition! :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations and welcome.

MortonGro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Eric
I've heard that male galahs have brown or black eyes where-as females have more red eyes... however, I do not know at what age this can be used to sex them (I doubt for chicks) and that it's not a completely reliable method. At least with DNA you wont have to wait too long!

I can't imagine a galah would be completely weaned before 12-16 weeks in age. They should be eating on their own for a minimum of 2 weeks before going home and regressing is always a possibility with chicks. That is, they'll need comfort feedings.

Congrats on your feathered addition! :)
Thank you so much!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum!

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Hello friends. Here are two pictures of my baby hanging out with his/her Moluccan buddy. I can't wait to bring my baby home!
Awww so cute a galah cockatoo is my dream bird that i hope i can get one day. Congratulations on your new baby he/ she is soooo cute.

MortonGro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Eric
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Here is the little fella or chicka today with me. He/ She was crying most of the time today since the breeder fed him while he was in my arms. I imagine that is normal from what I have seen on YouTube. There is a Triton there who is the biggest, quietest and cutest biggest too Ive seen.

Attachments

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Oh wow, so tiny! :faint: Too precious for words. You're such a lucky parront. :pinklol3:

JBosley

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
How exciting! Galahs are one of my favorite birds, though I don't think I would ever be suited to own one.