• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Fossil Bird had longest wingspan ever!

Amy Pierce

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
Wow!! That is amazing :jawdrop:I wonder if it could be trained with a saddle...

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
Is that it's beak that he is looking at? Because it sorta looks like the shoebills tip of the beak, (Shoebill is a bird) But how does it have TEETH? :shocked2: I haven't seen a bird or even heard of a bird that has teeth. I wonder how long that... Thing has been laying around for. :chin:Wierd... :blink:

Despicio

Walking the driveway
Is that it's beak that he is looking at? Because it sorta looks like the shoebills tip of the beak, (Shoebill is a bird) But how does it have TEETH? :shocked2: I haven't seen a bird or even heard of a bird that has teeth. I wonder how long that... Thing has been laying around for. :chin:Wierd... :blink:
"The giant bird, which lived roughly 25 million years ago, might have scooped its prey from the ocean's surface, clamping onto any wriggling seafood with its "teeth," which were actually pointy knobs of bone." Extinct bird species had biggest wingspan ever

So from what it says, it didn't have proper teeth but the earliest species of birds often had teeth because they evolved from small dinosaurs. The closest thing that you get in modern birds is serration of the beak like in the goosander.

Wow!! That is amazing :jawdrop:I wonder if it could be trained with a saddle...
I too, would be interested in riding that into battle :lol: