• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New fid soon!

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
So, I've been thinking about getting another parrot for a while. And I've leaned towards a love bird. I finally found the perfect little one! Right now, I have a 'Tiel as well as a GCC. So I'm familiar with birds with big personalities :hehe:. But while I've been around them before, I haven't owned one. Any tips would be appreciated. Also, anything to be careful of once I introduce after quarantine? And of course, name suggestions? I tend to lean towards Asian oriented names, but am open to anything. I've been told he's a 10 month old Fischer love bird and is a Violet/Cobalt Blue mutation. It's most likely a male.
Here's the little one :heart::

Attachments

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
I can't wait to see more pics when you bring him home :)

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Your new little one is just precious. I bet you can't wait to get him home.
Yup! :) Can't wait to get to know the little guy, and watch his silly lovie antics. :hehe:

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
He's adorable! Can't wait for you to bring him home, this weekend! :dance5:

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Same here. :laugh: I'll be sure to post plenty of photos.

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
Congrats!! Cute little one!! Looks like my Kenzie!!

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Where to start...your life will never be the same and you will love your tiny tyrant more than you can imagine! :D

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
What a little cutie! Welcome to the world of lovie enslavement ;)

Since you have two parrots you have an idea what to expect. My two are almost complete opposites. Argie is fearless, and will try just about anything. He once jumped into the crisper drawer in the fridge. Olive is much more timid and careful. Just depends on his personality.

Be prepared for your new baby to be possessive of you and be aggressive towards your other two. Mine do not like each other and I believe this stems from jealousy and possessiveness. Or you could get lucky and they all get along! :)

I'm terrible with names so no help there. :lol: Can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about your new baby!

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
What a little cutie! Welcome to the world of lovie enslavement ;)

Since you have two parrots you have an idea what to expect. My two are almost complete opposites. Argie is fearless, and will try just about anything. He once jumped into the crisper drawer in the fridge. Olive is much more timid and careful. Just depends on his personality.

Be prepared for your new baby to be possessive of you and be aggressive towards your other two. Mine do not like each other and I believe this stems from jealousy and possessiveness. Or you could get lucky and they all get along! :)

I'm terrible with names so no help there. :lol: Can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about your new baby!
Looking forward to all this :hilarious: I've heard from the person that has him he's on the calmer side with other birds, so hopefully I won't have too much drama when I introduce. But, I'll adjust if it happens. Worth it for his cute little face :heart::hehe: Thanks for letting me know. And the pictures will be coming! If all works out I may even be able to make the trip down there tomorrow! :D