• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New eggs need help regarding incubater

Summer

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Summee
Hi there my cocatiel hen is unwell she could be because she had a clutch not even long after her previous one, could be egg bound she is getting better she fell sick last night. I removed her from the cage and nest box she did not want to go near them and the daddy bird did not want to keep the eggs warm so I am incubating them myself now because I really don't think she is up to taking care of eggs I tried again today she was just not bothered. She is now in a separate cage then the dad. Incase he tries to mate with her again. Anyway my question is this.
She layed the first egg on the 9th Aug, second on 11aug, and 3rd 13th. I don't think they incubated the eggs yet perhaps she was waiting for the last egg before they start the incubatijg process. So from what day do I count for chick's to hatch. The first day since egg was layed or only from last night when I placed them. Into a incubater? I'm asking this question because I know the last 3 days you not suppose to roll them they go into lockdown mode right? If you wondering if I Wil give them back to her, I feel it's risky because the last clutch I found one dead baby inside the nest box they were to rough with him probably trying to get a feeding response and I had to pull the other baby not long after it hatched. He is doing great already 24 days old. It's was hard work but we made it this far he is in great health with me 24 hours a day. So yes I can raise chicks again I have everything I need and had success before. But I have never looked after the eggs before this is my first time. Please help if you have info, should I wait to candle them from 7 days after I incubated them, or do you think I would be able to see something already even if the parents did not really start to incubate the eggs.
And no the dad had no interest in the eggs I tried today he is obsess with female and wants his eyes only in her. Her cage is next to his while she gets better but then IL wait a few months before I let them stay in one cage because I feel her body is suffering to much with all the eggs she had layed.

Summer

Real Name
Summee
If you wondering about my hen, I gave her Cocunut water it helped allot and rubbed olive oil in her vent and gave her Luke warm water to sit in it did help. Her poop is a better colour today, yesterday it was dark almost black today it's normal she did vomit yesterday afternoon once. Nothing since then I gave her Cocunut water a few times with syringe and apple souce it helped so much it's amazing

Summer

Real Name
Summee
She is doing great thanks she layed the stuck egg this morning, she is eating and drinking well her poop is back to normal she is behaving her old self cheeky and sweet