• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New DSLR camera

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My husband bought me a camera in the sales, the Nikon D3400. He refused to take responsibility, instead saying that Jeff had laid a really weird egg...I came home and found he had placed the box in the bird cage for me to find :laughin:

Anyway, as I'm a complete photography beginner any tips are welcome! Here are some unedited test shots on my 2 favourite feathery models, using manual mode as well!

DSC_0113.JPG
(she has chop on her beak...typical..)

DSC_0103.JPG

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don’t know anything about cameras but those photos are beautiful!
Just perfection! :super:
Thanks! I really love taking pictures of animals, I'd love to get better at it and hopefully take pictures of wildlife! So I think I have the perfect subjects to practice on! :)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Leave it in auto till you start to figure out what everything does and start researching and playing with all the advanced settings. I use mine in mostly the first manual mode and it usually does great but I have a bit of experience with the main settings and what they do. I have a now older Cannon T3 that replaced a Rebel XT and have been quite pleased with both of them. Nice thing is you can try different things and delete the pictures that didn't turn out like you hoped and slowly learn what everything does. There are great digital camera forums that can help you figure it out and what works best for anything your trying to do. I have more money n lenses than I paid for the camera now and most of them were excellent used from eBay.

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Those look great!!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beautiful pictures and models!
And super sweet hub.
:heart:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
My husband bought me a camera in the sales, the Nikon D3400. He refused to take responsibility, instead saying that Jeff had laid a really weird egg...I came home and found he had placed the box in the bird cage for me to find :laughin:

Anyway, as I'm a complete photography beginner any tips are welcome! Here are some unedited test shots on my 2 favourite feathery models, using manual mode as well!

View attachment 325042
(she has chop on her beak...typical..)

View attachment 325044
Oh my.... for first time photos those are great! Look at Jeff's majestic curl... so cool!

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Leave it in auto till you start to figure out what everything does and start researching and playing with all the advanced settings. I use mine in mostly the first manual mode and it usually does great but I have a bit of experience with the main settings and what they do. I have a now older Cannon T3 that replaced a Rebel XT and have been quite pleased with both of them. Nice thing is you can try different things and delete the pictures that didn't turn out like you hoped and slowly learn what everything does. There are great digital camera forums that can help you figure it out and what works best for anything your trying to do. I have more money n lenses than I paid for the camera now and most of them were excellent used from eBay.
Thanks! Yeah I read everywhere about how you should use manual mode and made the mistake of trying it too soon. I've since switched back to Auto so I can learn about angles and framing first. Plus so I can work a little with Gimp to get to grips with it!

I just ordered a book for beginner photography so I'll see how that goes!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Love the thread! Keep posting your pics, I love seeing them! :) :loveit:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I got my camera out again today. I have more photos of our walk round a small lake near our house, but I want to edit them a little more.

Here are some beautiful calves I met on a walk (they all came running over and I almost died from happiness!)

IMG_20200416_161258.jpg

And obligatory Jeff and Mabel pic:

IMG_20200416_170234.jpg

And a quick snooze:
IMG_20200416_184017.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award