• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New developments

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
As a few people have seen in my other post losing sight is now my main focus with Gracie. After talking with @Ankou loss of vision is a known thing in older lovebirds. I checked Bo and I don't see any cloudiness in his eyes. I am glad my little guy is doing okay. If I had both at the same time I would need to be committed from stress I think. So the work is on like crazy to get the parts and supplies shipped out to my dad and get the perches made for Gracie before the month is out. I'm just hoping my dad will be able to find some basswood that is not treated and a good enough size for what I am going to be needing. I never thought they would have lived as long as they have and I thank every day I come home and hear that cute morning mom chirp from my babies.

It's one of those things I thought okay when their age catches up it won't be too bad. Yeah I took that like a load of bricks lol. I know everything will be fine but I still had a massive anxiety attack over this but I have to put on my big girl drawers and get it done for my baby.

Side note that is kinda funny. Last night my husband yelled for me to come into the room. As I walk in Gracie is all puffed and calm sitting on the table and my husband is about a foot away from her. He told me she is attacking him. She would chase and snap at him if he tried to get the remote or a cup. Basically anything on the table is off limits. I asked her what she was doing and she fluffed her way towards me let me scoop her up and give her cuddle before work. Hubby was not impressed and said she was evil lol. I told him no she wants to be near you just don't move. Yeah he wasn't thrilled about that either lol

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Nothing like a tad of jealousy to get the ball rolling! :laughin:

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Right lol. She has it out for him all the time but I think the trigger was me getting a long hug from him right in front of her. That usually sends her into a tiff and she is po'd for a while afterwards.

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Right lol. She has it out for him all the time but I think the trigger was me getting a long hug from him right in front of her. That usually sends her into a tiff and she is po'd for a while afterwards.
When I come home, I have to say hello to Pilo first... or it’s on for young and old! :bliss:

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
LOL My hubby gets mad because I saw hi to the birds before him. I told him well if you fluff and wag you butt all cute like they do maybe I would say hi to you first... no joke he wiggled his butt at me I about lost it :laughin: