• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Cookware Help! Ceramic specific

MavStarfox

Moving in
Real Name
Jessica
Hi! New to the forums so bear with me please. I have scoured this site via google help for information and still have not found definitive for sure answers. I cannot find for sure if Caphalon "Classic" is free of the nasties so I am gonna replace them all on the safe side. Weve had it about 4 years and its been 10 years since weve had a bird here. Im getting a conure next week and want to be cautious. This is an unplanned addition as my friend is having to downsize his flock. So we are in the process of bird improvements around the home. Ive narrowed down some Ceramic options and wanted input from those with them because they have discrepancies in their "free of" information.

*Blue Diamond: PFA, PFOA, Lead and Cadmium free.
*Gotham Steel: PTFE, PFO, PFOA free
*Carote: PFO, PFOA on website yet on Amazon photo it also notes PFA, PTFE, Cadmium, and Lead free
*Caphalon "Select": PFOA and PTFE free

Asthectically I am in love with Gotham's hammered copper set. I love GreenPan's set but a little high in price. We are replacing all "known" PFA sources in the house within the week plus vet check up with avian vet so our spare change is definitely being budgeted where we can. :)

Thanks for any help!!

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't have any of the above, but have found that manufacturers often have a chat feature (or email/call) and you can see if they will verify the safely. I have several Green Pan skillets that I seem to have to replace every few years, Cuisinart and All Clad SS pans and a dutch oven, 2 LeCreuset cast iron pieces and an Instant Pot. All I'm assured are safe. Good luck and I hope someone chimes in with some help!

Congrats on your new conure!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I found the article in this thread quite helpful in decyphering all the lingo;

Ultimately I use SS pots and pans at home alongside my Ninja appliances.

have found that manufacturers often have a chat feature (or email/call) and you can see if they will verify the safely.
This is always a good idea :)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
My kids bought me a set when I got the amazons. I think it was a T-fal Stainless(?) metal and I've added a few safe OLD pieces from yard sales.

I have my mom's cast iron skillet.

Non stick skillets I bought said no PTFE or PFOA.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Sorry, just saw you wanted brands. For skillets, I have:

Bialetti

Cuisinart green gourmet

Crofton (from Aldi)

The pots I picked up were revere ware.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Go to the Ninja website, they have pots and pans sets

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Go to the Ninja website, they have pots and pans sets
Careful. I have looked into those before and some were not bird safe. :( Same with one or two appliances. Gotta check each item because while a lot of Ninja stuff is bird safe, not everything is, unfortunately.