• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Clorox Wipes Safe?

Dostc426

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chelsea Dostert
Hello!
Clorox just released a new brand of compostable, free and clear, antibacterial wipes that I really want to be able to use for cleaning my bathroom and kitchen!

Here is the ingredient list:

Does it seem like something that would be safe to use in the same house as my parrot? To clarify, this would NOT be used for any of my parrots belongings/ surfaces. Just people surfaces! :)

OK Mike

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mike
Green Works Compostable cleaning wipes made by Clorox might be a better choice. The SDS for them and the label list only ethanol as the active ingredient. What makes them and the Clorox brand compostable versus other wipes is that the fabric media is wood based rather than petrochemical fiber based.

Dostc426

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chelsea Dostert
Green Works Compostable cleaning wipes made by Clorox might be a better choice. The SDS for them and the label list only ethanol as the active ingredient. What makes them and the Clorox brand compostable versus other wipes is that the fabric media is wood based rather than petrochemical fiber based.
Alrighty! I'll look into those as well! The only issue I have with them so far is that I can't seem to find a Green Works cleaning wipe without artificial scents added to them. :(

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Try these wipes from one of our members, they work well.

Dostc426

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chelsea Dostert
Try these wipes from one of our members, they work well.
Oh that's fantastic! That would work well for birdie cleaning jobs!!! I've gone the vinegar route for cleaning my bathrooms and it just doesn't get rid of the odor like it should. :( What I have been using so far is a scrubbing paste made of Palmolive clean and clear dish soap and baking soda, and then hydrogen peroxide to disinfect! This wastes so much paper towels though, that's why I was potentially excited by this new Clorox option!