• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

[New CGC owner] How to distinguish the sounds made by my conure?

eugenia

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello guys, Im a new owner to a baby CGC (we call him pumpkin).

I had recently bought my conure from the local seller and we are taking time to let pumpkin to adapt to his new environment. He is doing great, going with the daily routine of eating, playing and long hours of sleep.

What concern me is the noises he makes. Pumpkin doesn't really make much noises comparatively, but sometimes I just don't know if he's screaming or chirping or just being chatty. For instance, because I live in an apartment, we can clearly hear the noises from the renovation next door. During these periods of noises, pumpkin will somehow chirp and squawk, along with other low volumed sounds . He doesn't make that long and loud noises very often, usually just one short chirp and that's it. But then he will murmur and maybe after sometime he will make one loud short chirp again. This happens mainly when there's renovation work nearby or when I'm playing music. I initially thought he is mad about the renovation noises, but then he kinda react the same to the music I played. He didn't show other very significant body gestures, he didnt bob his head as he's excited or look bothered. When he make these sounds he usually stands there and look innocent (lol).

So I'm wondering how can I distinguish the differences between noises he makes and understand his emotions better?

Thank you so much for reading my long and clumsy Q.

Thanks!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
So I'm wondering how can I distinguish the differences between noises he makes and understand his emotions better?
The same way you learn any new language. One word at a time.

Time, patience and most importantly keen observation on your part. As you get to know him and become familiar with him you’ll learn the language. There is no shortcut.