• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New cat?

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
so, I got in contact with the Greater Androscoggin Humane Society (Gahs) yesterday through email. I had sent in an adoption application on Wednesday, they called me back, I was only available on Monday, have a long discussion about the cat I was told that I could call back on Saturday to schedule an appointment if the cat was still available.
He was still available, but I couldn't get in contact with them.
Sunday I tried several more times before deciding to email them. They got back to me immediately.
Because of how far the shelter is from me I can't go there on a day I work, and they are closed on Wednesdays, so that leaves me with Monday. They will be calling me later today.
Hopefully I am able to get an appointment for today, otherwise I have to wait another week, and during that week someone else might adopt him.
That is unless I call out of work.
I'll update after I get the call. If I do get to go in and visit today then I will provide details of the cat, I just don't want to get my hopes up by posting it. Right now I'm just saying that It's a possibility.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope things go well. :)

Reactions: Ali

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Good luck!

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
Best of luck in getting the little guy and I hope you post pics when you do get him.:)

TheOddFlock

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
They still haven't contacted me in any way, they close in two hours and will take close to that amount of time just for me to get there. I don't think things will work out.
I'll try to get in touch with them, but it's not looking good for me.

• Sad

GoDucks

Real Name
Jamie
They still haven't contacted me in any way, they close in two hours and will take close to that amount of time just for me to get there. I don't think things will work out.
I'll try to get in touch with them, but it's not looking good for me.

Keep on them.

TheOddFlock

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Good news and bad news. Good news is, I actually got in cotact with someone! Bad news is that it's not the shelter, it's a different one. Gahs is being difficult to get a hold of and they keep telling me they'll get in contact but they never do. I gave up with them and tried a closer shelter. Being close to 2 hours away from me I'm not able to visit gahs on days I work, but there are a few others that are close enough for me to visit on days I work. Anything an hour or less away.
Humane Society waterville area is one that I got in contact with, they haven't responded.
Bangor humane society is another I got in contact with, they have been contact with me, and we are currently discussing which cat will do best in my household before scheduling a visit.
Somerset human society is another, they haven't contacted me.
I also got in touch with homeless animal rescue team (HART) a cat rescue in Cumberland County. They haven't got back to me, but they are far away so I can't visit on a day I work.

Right now things are moving along smoothly with Bangor Humane Society, I wanted a cat named Falcor, but they said that he came as a stray and wouldn't do well with other animals and now I'm currently looking at a 9 month old name Hotch (definitely needs a name change) as they said he would do better. They should be contacting me a little later about that. Hopefully things work out with Hotch.

I also had trouble getting in contact with my vet for my current cat Samantha. She is overdue for her wellness exam. It took a couple days but they got back to me today and we got the appointment made for next month.

GoDucks

Real Name
Jamie
I like his white anklet socks myself. :) Congratulations on your new feline friend.