• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New cage!

parsaxyz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
parsa
Hello fellow parronts!

I am SUPER excited, because as you already read I've got my GCC a brand new cage WITH brand new toys and perches!!

At first I he wasn't really into the cage much, but within minutes my feathered friend found it worthy of his presence

I'll be adding pictures of him and his new home but I've got a SLIGHT problem.

See he's used to be almost always out of his cage playing outside, now with the new one and his new toys and perches he doesn't seem to want to come out?!

Like he doesn't even call for me to let him out anymore yknow?

So, is this normal behavior? Is he just adjusting to his new home? Or should I stop this behavior?

Thankyou

Sorry, forgot to mention he is EXTREMELY aggressive when I want him to step up goes into a frenzy of bites and it's just unpleasant!

Attachments

Last edited:

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
1. how old and how long have you had him?
2. Use a stick or a perch and let him step up on that instead of your finger
3. His new house is just that, new. There are big monsters that are taking over his space (toys). Is there anything you can bring from his old cage to the new one? Birds are funny, you have to let them see the items first and after a few days put it in the cage. By the way, how big is the cage, it looks small in the pic.
4. Is he molting? Looks like alot of pinnies on the side of his face

parsaxyz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
parsa
1. I've had him for about 7 months and he was 4 months when I got him.

I will try with the stick to see how it goes!

No no thing is HE LOVES IT, I mean I'm kinda surprised how fast he's adjusted to his cage, he spends so much time on his perch playing and chewing. I was actually worried as to why he didn't want to come out anymore :D

Uh the cage is pretty big ( bigger than his old one) I don't know the dimensions exactly it was about 17.5 inch wide and about 30 inches tall

He is molting and it's lasted a month and still hasn't fully passed it yet hahaha

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
He is just enjoying his new house. Leave the door open and let him do as he pleases. He knows the option is there to come out, but the new digs are just more exciting at the moment.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
He's molting, that explains alot

parsaxyz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
parsa
Wow when I think about it, it's really a stupid thing to ask isn't it? Hahaha

Oh well, no harm :D

Sorry about that guys, I get sorta edgy when something gets off routine.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
no, its not stupid, its concern