• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Cage Falling Apart

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welp....so my brand new Prevue Hendryx Playtop cage for Opie is falling apart. I've not had very good luck with cages for my little man at all! The first cage I purchased was a King's flight cage, and one of the door latches wasn't drilled properly. Their customer service was pretty bad. They finally sent a custom-drilled latch as a replacement, and it didn't work either--so I returned it. I ordered the current cage from Tractor Supply. When it arrived, I noticed it had some issues with the powder coating and even came with its own bottle of touch-up paint and a brush :facepalm: By that time, I had pushed back Opie's adoption so many times that I hoped I could just be gentle with the cage and keep it clean and dry. Now the wheels keep falling off and there is a split in the metal of one of the legs. :grumpy:

I've contacted Prevue and haven't heard from them yet. I've sent an e-mail to Al at Centurion Cages hoping for a reply (I never received one from Ron). Maybe A&E would be better, but it is a slightly smaller cage than this Prevue. I'm just exasperated!! And yes, whining! Lol!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Are there any stores that sell large cages in person where you are? You may have better luck where you can walk in to return it if it turns out to be poorly made.

I realize I have much smaller birds, but my A&E flight cage is definitely holding up, including the wheels. Despite their protests, Pistachio & Marzipan are wheeled elsewhere fairly regularly for meetings.

If only Jovaco hadn't have gone out of business. They made all sorts of stainless steel cages in Quebec, but by the time I was getting birds & went to look, their website had been taken down. So I think they went out of business.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I've sent an e-mail to Al at Centurion Cages hoping for a reply (I never received one from Ron).
I think Al is handling most of the business now. On their FB page it says they usually respond in about an hour, so that might be an easier way to reach them? :shrug2: CENTURION Cages

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What about a Midwest/Avian Adventures Loro Flight Cage?
I'll check into those and see if I can find one in the size I would like!

Are there any stores that sell large cages in person where you are?
Not of which I'm aware, sadly.

On their FB page it says they usually respond in about an hour, so that might be an easier way to reach them?
OK! I'll try through Facebook since email hasn't worked.