• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New cage delivery

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Louise's new cage gets delivered tomorrow. It is quite a bit bigger than her current one. I will hang more toys but wondering how do you know how many perches are enough?
Do folks also tend to hang toys on the outside of cages? If you do so, do you put perches near them?
The cage is 66 inches tall and cage goes just about to the floor. She has never really hung out at the bottom and rarely goes below the food bowls unless she is climbing down the outside of the cage to get to the floor. How far down do folks go with hanging toys and perches?
@Macawnutz Louise's Tremendous Intentions arrived today. She was instantly interested and unafraid. It will be the first toy that goes into the cage, thank you.
I am trying to find folks from the market place that sell perches, does anyone have a favorite store or recommendation?
Suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can't wait to see it! Congrats!

I have perches and toys on the outside, but not below the food dishes within the cage. I don't know if that helps because I have a Pi not a grey.

HolliDaze

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Can't wait to see it! Congrats!

I have perches and toys on the outside, but not below the food dishes within the cage. I don't know if that helps because I have a Pi not a grey.
I wonder what would happen if the bowls were moved lower down? Most large cages have bowls relatively high up, seems kind of sad that it's a 6' tall cage and they only use 3 feet!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I placed perches at multiple levels. Same level as bowls, below bowls, above bowls (not directly above), etc. Toys also hanging at different levels or attached to cage bars. Most of my birds do play on the bottom of their cages sometimes.
Check out the AA vendors. Several of them sell perches.