• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Budgie!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Decided to go to the annual auction held by the local bird club. I 've picked up a few things the past few years- a couple used cages, which we use as emergency transport, some beautiful hand made birdie toys-things like that. They have many birds that are auctioned-people get qutie a bargain if you're lucky.
So, up comes a little 10 week old budgie to auction. I don't know why, but yes, I outbid everyone for him/her. Called DW to get a cage ready,and we came home with him/her.
Her name (I'll call her her for the time being) is Marley. I gave her the name to honor Michelle's (FreeByrd) Marley-who passed not long ago.

She has already started to contact call the Budgie Boys-Sky and Nimbus, and they are answering her back. After a vet visit and some Q time, I hope to introduce Marley to the boys...:)

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Awwwww~~ looks like some daddy got his heart strings pulled...:D..congrats Bob..:)
Post a pic when you can..I would love to see Marley..BTW: nice tribute:)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations on your new addition!

Matt

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
congratulations...you are an old softie..

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Guilty as charged. I do wear my :heart: on my sleeve at times. Marley seems to be a feisty little one-saw her beating up some toys in her cage several times today- and she hasn't been home a day yet.
Cute thing happened today. As Marley is in the computer room for her Q, she had two visitors today. She was chirping,and Doodle,the tiel, heard her. He flew into the room with her,and started calling,in an excited way to the others. I came into the computer room just in time to see Mocha flying into the room. (He almost smacked me in the face as he flew in!)
Anyway, they both sat on the top of Marley's cage, looking at her like they found something unusual. Marley just looked back at them. Now the rest of the day,all the tiels were doing was flying back to the computer room-even though I closed the door.
I want you all to see Marley, but I'll have to get my brother to come over to get the pics. Hopefully,we'll get some pics in a day or two...:)

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Decided to go to the annual auction held by the local bird club. I 've picked up a few things the past few years- a couple used cages, which we use as emergency transport, some beautiful hand made birdie toys-things like that. They have many birds that are auctioned-people get qutie a bargain if you're lucky.
So, up comes a little 10 week old budgie to auction. I don't know why, but yes, I outbid everyone for him/her. Called DW to get a cage ready,and we came home with him/her.
Her name (I'll call her her for the time being) is Marley. I gave her the name to honor Michelle's (FreeByrd) Marley-who passed not long ago.

She has already started to contact call the Budgie Boys-Sky and Nimbus, and they are answering her back. After a vet visit and some Q time, I hope to introduce Marley to the boys...:)
What a sweet story, and I loved that you named her Marley. I know you lost one recently too. I hope Marley brings you every happiness going forward.:heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congrats.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Congratulations on your new little one!

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
Congratulations!

Your local bird club auctions off birds? That seems like an awful idea on a number of levels.

zuzanqa

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zuz
I can´t wait to see her! :heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Congratulations!

Your local bird club auctions off birds? That seems like an awful idea on a number of levels.
I totally agree with you about the auctioning off of birds,Ziggymon. I like to go and get different items-like I said before-birdie toys. etc. And some of the members there are so talented with their artwork, just like so many members here on the Avenue.
I do not belong to the club here. I disagree, like you, with the auctioning off of birds. The club is also a little too much into breeding of the birds they have.
I'll jump off my soap box now...birds need some skitches...:heart:

FreeByrd

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Oh Bob.... I'm speechless and blubbering..... You've reduced me to happy/touched tears!!! And it is even more touching that you named your little one Marley because you are from "home"..... well, kinda. I'm a transplant from Pittsburgh, but I used to hang in Erie. So basically, you are FAMILY.
:heart::hug8::heart: