• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New budgie cage.

Jisoo

Sprinting down the street
you can chose either ones but in the us the first one is lower rated. i think its a 3 star rating while the other is 4.5 stars

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
you can chose either ones but in the us the first one is lower rated. i think its a 3 star rating while the other is 4.5 stars
Oh, I didn’t see that! The second one is good too, and they are both commonly used cages. I guess it’s whatever that will for your lifestyle. The first one is big, but the 2nd one is way bigger. So it depends. Do you have space for a large cage?

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh, I didn’t see that! The second one is good too, and they are both commonly used cages. I guess it’s whatever that will for your lifestyle. The first one is big, but the 2nd one is way bigger. So it depends. Do you have space for a large cage?
I have found that a tape measure helps me envision the cage much more than the measurements. I recommend using a tape measure to make sure you have a good place for the cage.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Just so you knor bar spacing for a budgie is no bigger than 1/4 inch.

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
Go for the largest bar space that the recommendation list for bar spacing allows.
As this will usually mean a larger cage + your bird can get to watch easily through the bars.
Actually, no! Many many accidents occur because bird owners are told inaccurate information like this. Always, and i mean ALWAYS get a bar spacing that is suitable for your type of bird. " Your bird can get to watch easily through the bars", more like your bird will definitely get its head/body stuck through the bars, escape, severely injure themselves or even cause death!!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Either of the last 2 cages would be good. The length and width are the same. The major difference is the height.

Gizmo

Strolling the yard
Thanks everyone, turns out that cage is sold out. :sad4:
What do you think of this cage?
here's the description:
Conure, cockatiel or small parrot cage, 17.5x17.5x26, 3/4” space between the bars , has 12x12 opening at top of cage, stand included. $120 call, email or text
I will upload photo in a bit>

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
here's the description:
Conure, cockatiel or small parrot cage, 17.5x17.5x26, 3/4” space between the bars , has 12x12 opening at top of cage, stand included. $120 call, email or text
Too small, a cage needs to be at least 18 by 18

What is your current cages size? And what country are you in (sorry if you already said)

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
here's the description:
Too small and the bar spacing is too wide. I really would recommend pulling out a tape measure and trying to visualise the space - I think you'd be shocked at how small even 18x18 is. By the time you've added perches, bowls, toys and so on, the poor bird will barely be able to move.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Reactions: Ali

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
This cage is a wonderful choice:

And cheaper than that tiny cage you posted earlier