• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New budgie cage.

Gizmo

Strolling the yard
Hi everyone I was wondering if this cage would be good for two budgies, would it be too small? Are the bar spacing two wide? Here is the description and photo:
"Solid parrot cage. 1 inch bar spacing. 26" square and 5 ish feet tall (I can measure later if anybody really needs an exact number)"

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bar spacing is way too big I think you’ll find. If the top has the fancy curly bars in the sideways s shape then you don’t want the cage even if the bar spacing is right..... they are not safe.

Edit: I can’t actually see the cage well. without it going into a blurred mess because for some reason I can never open the pics on this site on my phone, so, I’m guessing from the shape and overall look if the cage that it has the fancy curly s bars at the top.

Last edited:

Gizmo

Strolling the yard
Do you know where I could find a spacious cage for two budgies? [Thats not too expensive]

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Do you know where I could find a spacious cage for two budgies? [Thats not too expensive]
Look for a flight cage maybe. I’m not sure where you are and there are very different options available for each country.

Jisoo

Sprinting down the street
I also think the cage from before is too small. as said above the bar spacing is too wide. opt for 1/2 in bar spacing

Weros

Strolling the yard
Go for the largest bar space that the recommendation list for bar spacing allows.
As this will usually mean a larger cage + your bird can get to watch easily through the bars.

Gizmo

Strolling the yard
What about this cage? Heres he photo and description:

"Small black cage (20 inches wide x 20 inches deep x 55 3/4 inches... cage itself is 29 inches tall) also comes off the stand "

Attachments

Jisoo

the cage looks a bit rusty, i would opt for a cage at least 30 in wide and 20 in long. with 1/2 bar spacing.

Gizmo

Strolling the yard
Hi everyone again, I'm still looking for a budgie cage for two budgies that's big but cheap. What do you think about this one?
here's the description;
  • Our flight cage makes the perfect home for multiple parakeets, canaries or finches
  • 2 plastic double cups and 2 wood perches are included
  • Bottom grille and tray slide out for convenient cleaning
  • Durable wrought iron construction is easy to assemble
  • 31" long, 20-1/2" wide, 59-1/4" high with ½" wire spacing.
I can't upload the photo im working on that

Reactions: Ali

Skyandkiwi

Real Name
Misk
Since the cage includes 2 dowel perches, I recommend taking those out if they are going to be most of the perches in your cage. You could keep one, but the rest of the perches should be rope perches/natural wood perches that vary in size and texture throughout the perch. Dowel perches can cause pressure sores, Bumblefoot, and arthritis!