• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

tedzai

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Ren
i'm a new big-bird owner, having only cockatiels and budgies in the past. I recently got a baby female CAG. I'm starting to get worried by how much she is ''cleaning'' herself and dislikes me, even though i've been patient, offered treats, and tried to bond with her. I don't know what i'm doing wrong and this is the only site I can think might help me. Any help and advice is appreciated. Thank you:sad3:

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can you tell us more about her?

When did you get her and how old is she?
If she's a baby, do you know how she was raised and how she was weaned? How long ago was she weaned?
How is she housed? How big is the cage and where is it?
What toys does she play with?
What's her diet like?
What treats did you offer?
How often does she come out of the cage, and what does she do when out?
How have you tried to interact with her?
Does she bathe? How often?
Has she seen an avian vet for a new bird check-up?

Sorry about all the questions, but it helps us if we have a better idea of what the situation is.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Has Your bird had his wellness check up yet That should be done ASAP

tedzai

Real Name
Ren
Can you tell us more about her?

When did you get her and how old is she?
If she's a baby, do you know how she was raised and how she was weaned? How long ago was she weaned?
How is she housed? How big is the cage and where is it?
What toys does she play with?
What's her diet like?
What treats did you offer?
How often does she come out of the cage, and what does she do when out?
How have you tried to interact with her?
Does she bathe? How often?
Has she seen an avian vet for a new bird check-up?

Sorry about all the questions, but it helps us if we have a better idea of what the situation is.
i got her 1-2 weeks ago, she is apparently 3-4 months old. I was told she was hand-fed and already on a fruits+veggie diet by time i got her. She's allowed out of her cage whenever somebody is in the room, i don't know the exact dimensions of the cage since it was a gift, but it is plenty big enough that she can spread her wings, the cage is in my room. She plays with a variety of parrot, coconut and foraging toys. I feed her pellets, some seed for variety, and a veggie mix. She has not responded to any treats i have tried to give her except Cheerios. She likes to be on top of her cage whenever possible, and plays with some toys I set there. She also sits and plays with toys on a playstand while I talk to her while studying. I interact with her daily, training her to step-up then letting her hang out on my shoulder while I talk to her, and everyday at around 7 PM she will fly down to my bed to cuddle for a few hours. I haven't fully bathed her yet, but she does get lightly sprayed/misted a couple times a day. I have not taken her to a vet yet. She also is starting to respond well to her name, Teddy, by chirping. What I noticed she likes the most is hanging out on my shoulder while I whistle songs to her.

tedzai

Real Name
Ren
Has Your bird had his wellness check up yet That should be done ASAP
I haven't gotten her checked up yet, since I only got her recently, but I'll make sure to do that when possible