• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New bird owner

Nayablanco

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Naya hachemm
Hello! My name is Naya and my lovebird is blanco! We got him a couple of months ago and he's become very attached to me. Follows me everywhere, chirps when he sees me, jumps in his cage for me to let him out and loves to cuddle. But these past 2-3 days he's been sleeping more than usual. He's not his usual self where we chirp back and forth. He's not answering me... I'm not sure what changed. I've recently put him in my room to sleep and I'm not sure if its cold or the change thats affecting him? He's still very cuddly but always sleeping unless i put love bird sounds for him. Im afraid he's sick and i dont see the signs since its thr first time i own a bird. Thank you!

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hello Naya,

Was he a young bird when you brought him home? It could be he is sexually maturing, and also coming onto his first moult - both are things that can cause changes in behaviour.
And as you said, you have changed where he sleeps, that could also be a factor.

Did you take him for a wellness check when you brought him home? If you didn't, I would do that now and bring this up with the vet while you are there.

If you are ever unsure and think your bird may be unwell, I personally think it is best to visit the vet and remove any doubt, but I am well aware that I have easy access to a vet and not everyone does.

As a side note, you will want to start thinking about harness training for your little bird so you can continue taking him on outdoor adventures after his moult when his flight feathers on his wings grow back.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
:hello: Gorgeous baby you have

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month