• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New baby! What mutation are they?

JaneLane

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I was going to put off getting a new girl since Frost passed but I feel that everyone including the remaining birds was ready for another one. This is a lovely baby, very nice, doesnt have a name and dont know the sex of the baby. The only thing is the baby was clipped and has no tail. But they'll grow back. This babies eyes reflect red in indirect light but I cant tell what color they are they look wine red but appear dark in non-flash photos.
This is the quarantine cage the baby has a much better permanent cage with natural perches and such. 20210916_134724.jpg 20210916_122112~2.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Such a cutie. Congrats on your new bird. I believe he/she is a pied.

@Tiel Feathers ?

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Cinnamon split pied!

*Probably* female, but could be male! The cinnamon results in the red eyes... split pied might make it slightly easier to see the red. (red eyes darken with age - i.e. by the time they are feathered)

JaneLane

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Cinnamon split pied!

*Probably* female, but could be male! The cinnamon results in the red eyes... split pied might make it slightly easier to see the red. (red eyes darken with age - i.e. by the time they are feathered)
Thank you, sometimes the babies eyea look blueish too but never in photos. I ha e decided to name the baby a unisex name I find out its gender.
20210917_092856.jpg

JaneLane

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Thanks for your help everyone!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I have a cinnamon pearl pied who's eyes are definitely a dark wine red and had another cinnamon pied in the past that had the same color of eyes. You kind of had to look at their eyes in the right light to really see it. Otherwise, they're dark!

JaneLane

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I have a cinnamon pearl pied who's eyes are definitely a dark wine red and had another cinnamon pied in the past that had the same color of eyes. You kind of had to look at their eyes in the right light to really see it. Otherwise, they're dark!
My new baby's eyes look dark too in normal lighting but when he is in the heavily lit living room they also look wine red as well. My late Frost was a cinnamon pearl, but she didn't have red eyes, is it a selective thing or do all cinnamons have some type of red eyes?