• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New baby to the family, questions, names etc. Birthmark? Brown Headed parro

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Someone tried to buy your bird right out from under you?!
:panic2:

Ducci

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Stefani
OMG, I am sure they will let me hold your baby, especially if I have your real name. Not sure how to send a message here. Otherwise you can send me a message on IG fonzie_birb. I still think they let people handle them even after they are sold. Which is a good thing I think. They make you sanitize your hands before you handle any of them. They are so cute together. Once when I visited they were both rolling around with a wooden wicker looking ball. The last time they had fresh fruit and were literally dropping in on each others head and then eating it off other each other. It was so cute. They are buddies for sure. I hope they won't be too sad once separated. Will be interesting to see what sex they are. I am hoping for a girl too, but will love either one. My WCP is a male, so either a boy or girl is fine. I sorta heard two females could fight, but who knows. Either way, I'm happy. They are the sweetest. I held yours when I was deciding. It was a bit more spunky at first and flew off a few times, then just chilled with me for a long time. They both step up though! He/she let me give lots of head scratches and just settled right in. It was a tough choice. Mine was a little more boring which I think will work out better with my WCP, plus I liked the weird yellow patch. It will probably go away, but who knows. There was a family right behind me that wanted to buy both...I marched right up to the counter and bought mine before they could!!! No one was taking my baby!
I just followed and messaged on IG under “Hissory”

Lynsey

Sitting on the front steps

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
As others have said, it's best to wait for adult coloring to come in!

There's also the yellow fronted parrot... which kind of looks like a brown head... but with a yellow head! I'm not aware of them being within captivity though.

Karearea

Meeting neighbors
As others have said, it's best to wait for adult coloring to come in!

There's also the yellow fronted parrot... which kind of looks like a brown head... but with a yellow head! I'm not aware of them being within captivity though.
There are some in captivity, but none in the pet trade. One of my favorite parrots for sure. Here are some pics!
Gyazo
Gyazo
Gyazo