• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Baby, my first conure

TinyDino

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Holly
Just wanted to introduce Ozma here in the Conure Court. She’s three months old today and came home Saturday night. She’s a (pineapple mutation) Green Cheeked Conure. She’s settling in beautifully so far.
Only real issue is the baby mouthiness, but we’re working on teaching her beak manners and we know it’s normal for babies. Just, ow. She’s improved a little bit already, although she does keep trying to eat my freckles and, well, saying I have a LOT of freckles is an understatement. Fortunately I’ve got lots of shreddable toy parts to distract her with.
We love watching her fly around the room and giving her head scritches. She’s awfully quiet so far, not that I’m complaining. I’m just totally in love with her. We’re on TikTok and Insta. I can post the account handles if that’s ok? Always like to find more birbs to follow.

Attachments

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pineapples are my absolute favorite, and there’s hardly a species out there I haven’t had the pleasure of caring for. I truly think they’re wonderful and I’m so glad you are now part of the club!! Welcome!!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats on getting Ozma.

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
Welcome home Ozma!! What a handsome little fella he is! :awww: :heart2: :cantwait:

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
So happy for you! Welcome home little one, she’s absolutely gorgeous. :heart2:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
She is adorable! Congrats on your new baby! :heart: :xflove:

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
So sweet! She’s beautiful and you seem to have set up a great environment for her. I’m waiting to bring home my yellow sided green cheek conure next week so it’s great to hear about your experience. I’m brand new and have no experience so I’m doing a lot of research. This forum has been invaluable. If you haven’t already, check out the vendors list. I’ve been able to find great and safe toys and an incredible tree play stand there.

SeñorBirb

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ella
Aw! She's cute, congrats!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's lovely congratulations

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue,Ozma! :)

TinyDino

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Holly
If you haven’t already, check out the vendors list. I’ve been able to find great and safe toys and an incredible tree play stand there.
Most of the vendors are US-based. But I have a few Canadian faves already (Flock Shop, Parrotdise Perch, unapproved vendor). :)

ETA: Woah. Apparently one of the ones I mentioned isn’t allowed to be mentioned because it got automatically changed to “unapproved vendor.” Sorry.