• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Baby I Am Considering

scoobie57

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mark
This is the baby I am considering getting I wonder if it is a boy?? the orange patches are bright. This baby is a hand fed baby well socialized 10 weeks old and eating Roudebush pellets, broccoli, various other things as well as millet and cocktail seed mix as a treat. I can have it if I want, I decided to take a few days to think. These people that have it are very good to it and will hold until Tuesday. Your thoughts?

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's very cute!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, he/she is very cute! I think if you feel a special connection with his bird you should go for it!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Cute pied...looks male to me. 10 weeks needs another 2 weeks to wean about...Beautiful bird!!!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
A pied baby, and they can't all be visually sexed. If the tiel was a normal tiel, not pied, then the tiel would look like a female, regardless of gender.

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is the baby I am considering getting I wonder if it is a boy?? the orange patches are bright. This baby is a hand fed baby well socialized 10 weeks old and eating Roudebush pellets, broccoli, various other things as well as millet and cocktail seed mix as a treat. I can have it if I want, I decided to take a few days to think. These people that have it are very good to it and will hold until Tuesday. Your thoughts?
A real cutie! As far as I'm aware, the orange patches are not a great indicator, my female lutino has vibrant orange patches (and I'm sure of her sex)
IMG_20190808_195500_069.jpg
(or is that because she's a lutino...?)

Sounds like the breeder takes good care of the little one, and she/he seems to have a good diet! Have you had a chance to meet him/her? If you are struggling to decide, maybe go and interact with the baby?

scoobie57

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mark
A real cutie! As far as I'm aware, the orange patches are not a great indicator, my female lutino has vibrant orange patches (and I'm sure of her sex)
View attachment 326573
(or is that because she's a lutino...?)

Sounds like the breeder takes good care of the little one, and she/he seems to have a good diet! Have you had a chance to meet him/her? If you are struggling to decide, maybe go and interact with the baby?
I am going back Tuesday to decide. I wanted to be 100% sure. It is a sweet baby steps up and is very socialized. I just want to make a decision that is not spur of the moment. They were fine with my decision. I liked that, people that were not pushy and a clean house and the baby's cage (not included) was very clean

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am going back Tuesday to decide. I wanted to be 100% sure. It is a sweet baby steps up and is very socialized. I just want to make a decision that is not spur of the moment. They were fine with my decision. I liked that, people that were not pushy and a clean house and the baby's cage (not included) was very clean
Ah that's great that they aren't pushy! That thinking time is important. They sound great!

Just note that sometimes a bird that is very interactive and relaxed at the breeder's may take some time to readjust, so a bit of taming will likely be necessary :)

We'd love to see more pics if you get anymore!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I use gut feeling with tiels & somehow I am usually accurate...
If u have strong sex preference then a dna test otherwise they both can make great pets.
I'm getting a boy vibe so thats just me...

scoobie57

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mark
Ah that's great that they aren't pushy! That thinking time is important. They sound great!

Just note that sometimes a bird that is very interactive and relaxed at the breeder's may take some time to readjust, so a bit of taming will likely be necessary :)

We'd love to see more pics if you get anymore!

Yes, they are far from pushy they want to see it go to a good home and want me to stay in touch via Facebook so that is a good sign. I am going to visit a lovebird tomorrow and see how that goes.