• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Baby Cockatiel (Possible trigger warning for animal neglect)- Sad Update Post #16

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry for your loss and thanks for trying.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I am very sorry to hear of your loss :(

Skum

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bruce Bergeson
Sadly Cleo passed away this morning. She stopped eating and was growing noticeably weaker. We called the vet and we’re told that there wasn’t much more we could do. We kept hoping that she would start eating again but she just couldn’t. I just got this sinking feeling and knew it wasn’t looking good. She stayed by the door as if wanting to come out. After about an hour of watching her and waiting for her to eat I brought her out. She climbed up to my chest under my chin and passed away as I stroked her head.

I’m heartbroken, empty and I just feel like I let her down. I keep going over everything I did in my head wondering if I did something wrong. I wanted to save her so badly. She didn’t deserve this, she deserved so much more. At the very least I think she could feel how much I loved her. I hope she did. I feel like I’ve failed her.

We are taking Nibbler to the vet appointment we had set up for her tomorrow just to get him checked and we are getting her cremated. I can’t bring myself to burry her since we don’t own our flat or have a backyard and I can’t bare to leave her behind when we eventually move out. She’s part of our family no matter how long she was with us and she always will be.

Thank you everyone for all the support and well wishes you sent our way, I think Cleo felt every single one of them. I’m sorry I don’t have happier news for you guys, but I wanted to let you all know.

In memory:
View attachment 389940
[/QUOMy 25 yr old tiel passed away last year. I understand what your'e going through. My sympathies

Skum

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bruce Bergeson
Sadly Cleo passed away this morning. She stopped eating and was growing noticeably weaker. We called the vet and we’re told that there wasn’t much more we could do. We kept hoping that she would start eating again but she just couldn’t. I just got this sinking feeling and knew it wasn’t looking good. She stayed by the door as if wanting to come out. After about an hour of watching her and waiting for her to eat I brought her out. She climbed up to my chest under my chin and passed away as I stroked her head.

I’m heartbroken, empty and I just feel like I let her down. I keep going over everything I did in my head wondering if I did something wrong. I wanted to save her so badly. She didn’t deserve this, she deserved so much more. At the very least I think she could feel how much I loved her. I hope she did. I feel like I’ve failed her.

We are taking Nibbler to the vet appointment we had set up for her tomorrow just to get him checked and we are getting her cremated. I can’t bring myself to burry her since we don’t own our flat or have a backyard and I can’t bare to leave her behind when we eventually move out. She’s part of our family no matter how long she was with us and she always will be.

Thank you everyone for all the support and well wishes you sent our way, I think Cleo felt every single one of them. I’m sorry I don’t have happier news for you guys, but I wanted to let you all know.

In memory:
View attachment 389940
My 25 yr old tiel passed away last year, I understand what your'e going through. My sympathies

Shilpa

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shilpa
I am so sorry for your loss. She definitely knew how much you loved her. Her last few moments were full of love considering that she passed away while you were stroking her head...

Coelle

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nicole
Another update: Nibbler has just finished at the vet. He has a high temperature so he’s now on antibiotics but otherwise looks healthy. He has a follow up appointment on Saturday.

Thank you all for the support, it truly means so much to me.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am so sorry for your loss. You did everything you could for Cleo. And I hope Nibbler feels better soon.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m very sorry for your loss. So sad. You did all you could to help her and she passed away in a safe, clean space filled with love- sometimes, that is all we can give.
Wishing steady healing for Nibbler :heart2:

honkwee

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
ava
I'm so sorry for your loss. She passed away clean, comfortable, well-fed, and warm. But most importantly, I believe she knew she was loved. You did everything you could for her.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you for trying. She passed knowing that she was loved.

Good thoughts to Nibbler!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope Nibbler is feeling better soon

Coelle

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nicole
Hey guys update on Nibbler: his temperature has come down back into a normal range and has been given a clean bill of health from our vet! He’s never showed any signs of illness or anything but given the situation I’m glad we went the safe route and took his temperature seriously. The vet thinks he was likely just fighting off a small virus.

Thank you all for the amazing support through this whole situation, it really helped. We are picking up Cleo’s ashes tomorrow so she’ll soon be back with us. It might not have been for very long but she’s found a forever home with us and will always be part of our family.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good news about Nibbler

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award