• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New baby Blue!

Parutti

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Little baby picked his name!

We are 100% Midwestern and all keep saying Ope! whenever he trips or mis-judges a landing or bites on accident - and he started pprrrrrp prrrrrp whenever we said it!

So Opie it is!

PXL_20221005_141727294.jpg

Parutti

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Opie is settling in very well! He's such a cuddly little baby boy! He learned "come" in no time flat, because he is VERY motivated by being near/with/on me ;)

He LOVES attention and praise and big excitement! Which is the polar opposite of my ARN so it's been disorienting and really fun at the same time. He is learning to be gentle with his nibbles and starting to learn he doesn't need to remove my veins or tendons in my hands but freckles I think are always going to be tempting lol

He's still in quarantine but since my ARN doesn't fly and is in the living room, Opie has been able to have free run of two bedrooms and a hallway during the day. He came clipped but does really well making turns already. He'll answer his name as long as he isn't asleep which I am super impressed by! He really does love this name a lot :D

My ARN will chat back and forth and they'll get the dog going, too, for a good 20 minute singing fest. My neighbors claim they can't hear anything. Ha. Ha. Ha. I have very nice neighbors!

He is very interested in ropes and twigs and spends a long time picking them up and moving them around, so I think he'll be a weaver!

1666045285979.png

1666045318821.png

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
So cute! I’m starting to feel like quakers are really underrated birds - they’re so spunky!