• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New babies

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are just gorgeous!! Names please? A breeding pair I’m guessing?

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are a proven pair. They’ve raised 5 chicks in the last 3 years. I haven’t given them names yet. The breeder I got them from doesn’t give his birds names so I’m trying to work something out that fits them. The male is handleable enough to step up but nothing else. The female is fond of humans at all.

A.K

Sprinting down the street
They are stunning! Beautiful, both of them. More pictures are welcome!!!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a pair of absolutely beauties! Congratulations on welcoming them into your flock.

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Beautiful!! Thought they were separate species though :banghead:

need to go back to the drawing board on some of these though.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ekkies are a species I have to think about all the time. My natural inclination is to assume the colorful red ekkie is the male, but that's not true, lol!

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beautiful!! Thought they were separate species though :banghead:

need to go back to the drawing board on some of these though.
I don't think they were identified as the same species until the 1870s or so. They really are very different from other species of parrots. For me, they are right up there with the Vasa in terms of just being weird birds.

BirdyDarby

Meeting neighbors
Such precious babes! Ekkies have a special place in my heart.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't think they were identified as the same species until the 1870s or so. They really are very different from other species of parrots. For me, they are right up there with the Vasa in terms of just being weird birds.
That's why I never think of adopting them... They need expert care. I think more research to be done on ecelectus as pets.

BirdyDarby

Meeting neighbors
That's why I never think of adopting them... They need expert care. I think more research to be done on ecelectus as pets.
While ekkies have special dietary requirements (careful attention on vitamin A and no pellets), they’re great as pets for the right owners!

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
All of my birds get a good mix of veggies each morning. The macaws get a variety of pellets and chop with a nut mixture added to it. The ekkies are getting a large dish of veggies and a small dish with a little seed and some roudybush in it. Maybe 2 cups of veggies and a quarter cup of the seed/pellets. Since they have only been here a few days I'm still observing to see what they eat and how much. It's a work in progress, but I'm researching and talking to friends that have them.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
WOW so pretty :laughing12:

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
We don’t have names yet. I’ll worry about that when they get here. For the last pair, Felix wanted Heckle and Jeckle and I told him no. Good for a pair of crows but not Eclectus. I think we’ve settled on Electra and Banner. We’ll see what kind of personalities these guys have when they finally arrive.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We don’t have names yet. I’ll worry about that when they get here. For the last pair, Felix wanted Heckle and Jeckle and I told him no. Good for a pair of crows but not Eclectus. I think we’ve settled on Electra and Banner. We’ll see what kind of personalities these guys have when they finally arrive.
Oh those would be great names. I'm sure whatever you chose will fit them perfectly :)

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
very cute names! at this point I have completely lost track of how many birds you own . . . i think its time for an animal roundup? w pictures of course!!! :xflove: :laugh: :hilarious: