• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Babies

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
First up we have Miss B. She's 3 years old and joined our flock a few weeks ago. Second up we have Merlin. He's been with us for just a few days. Both of them are quite vocal and it's kind of non-stop when they get going. Miss B came from a situation where a couple broke up and didn't have time for her. I don't know much beyond that, but she was well-loved, just stressed out. She looks a little ragged. Someone in the house had a horrible cough and she sounds like she's hacking up a lung when she does it. Merlin is 18 years old. He's been through multiple cross-country moves and he started plucking his chest when his momma got divorced about 10 years ago. He's got a bare spot on his chest, but that looks like the extent of it. He's also got a large vocabulary. He's never spent much time around other Greys so I put their cages side by side and he immediately started mimicking her motions. If she preened, so did he. If she stretched out a wing, he did the same thing. Miss B was out of the cage earlier and I held her up to his cage so he could get a good look at her. He hissed at her like an angry cat, then blew a raspberry at me. He let me scratch his head, which is something he only let his momma do before so I guess that's progress.

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 8.15.19 PM.jpeg IMG_2034.jpeg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
They're beautiful!