• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New arrivals!

Mariannee

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
DSCN1061.JPG Well our new budgies are home and we are very happy to have them. Now I feel as if our little flock is complete. They are 10 weeks old and I am hoping we sexed them correctly to be both males keep your fingers crossed. Sorry about the blurriness in the first pic they would barely sit still long enough. The second pic is the enclosure at the pet store where we purchased them from. It was very hard to just pick two, lol. But that was what we went there for so we stuck to our decision. The smaller one on the left is my daughter's pick and she named him Sherlock, The one in the foreground is my new baby and he is named Woodstock. Oh they have been here about two hours and are singing already.
DSCN1055.JPG

Mariannee

Avenue Veteran
Thanks to the both of you. I am looking forward to bonding with them. I pureed a tiny red grape and a kale leaf in the blender and they gobbled up most of it immediately. I love it when it's not an epic fight to get a bird to eat healthy. :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
they are adorable!!

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:xflove: they are just too cute!! congrats:)!

Lockwood

Strolling the yard
:dance5: There be budgies among us!!
Congrats on your beautiful new birds.

Mariannee

Avenue Veteran
Yes I am very happy to have budgies again. I was so very devastated when I lost my last budgie two years ago it took me this long to be able to take another one on. I am sitting with them right now in the quarantine room waiting to see what they think of there pureed carrots and broccoli as soon as it is finished being prepared. They love kale and grapes, supper last night was attacked, lol.

bluethebudgie

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Haley
aww, Sherlock and Woodstock are so adorable! and that's so great that they are such healthy eaters! I was really excited when I first offered Blue some broccoli and he took a few pecks at it but he still hasn't had much luck eating a lot of anything else, working on it!

Alyse

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyse
So cute!! You're making my MBS (multiple bird syndrome) itch again! I can't take in another fid as I just took in a CBC that I wasn't allowed to do :rolleyes:

I have one budgie but your cute pictures are making me want more!!

Mariannee

Avenue Veteran
I find the secret to getting my budgies to eat veggies or fruit is to put them through the blender or one of those little food choppers. When it is all mooshed together like that then they at least all of mine in the past have eaten it much better. After awhile they respond to the sound of the blender like a cat to the can opener or a Guiana pig the crisper drawer being opened excitement! :hehe:

bluethebudgie

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Haley
I find the secret to getting my budgies to eat veggies or fruit is to put them through the blender or one of those little food choppers. When it is all mooshed together like that then they at least all of mine in the past have eaten it much better. After awhile they respond to the sound of the blender like a cat to the can opener or a Guiana pig the crisper drawer being opened excitement! :hehe:

aww :) haha that's so cute, I'll have to try it!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Not sure but one looks like a hen. Both are very cute, though! Congrats!