• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Additions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

awillett

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Angie
I am adopting 2 lovebirds tomorrow to join our family. I have a 10 month old Green cheek at home already, who is VERY tame and spends most time out of his cage. The lovebirds are not tame, Im hoping to work on that.

Would appreciate any advice on when to start introducing new toys, food, etc.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Oh yay! I'm so glad you decided to adopt these guys :) You're going to have lots of fun with them!
In regards to toys: My lovies love anything they can decimate and destroy, or make lots of noise with. Bell toys, anything shreddable, and raffia are favorites :) If you want me to recommend some toys that my lovies really seem to like, PM me!

As to food, I feed my lovies the Hookbill Supreme blend from Kathie and MySafeBirdStore. I've included the link for you. My guys are nuts over it! With that, and the mash, veggies and birdie bread, they eat a pretty varied diet. They will do anything for food, they are my chowhounds! And millet and romaine are favorite treats in this house :)

Small Hookbill Supreme Blend PER LB. - MY BIRD SAFE BLENDS by MY SAFE BIRD STORE

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
How exciting! Big congrats!

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations on the two new additions..cant wait to see pics.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Congrats! Good luck with the taming process. Can't wait to see pictures.

awillett

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Angie
Thanks everyone!! Im super excited :D and very glad its a three day weekend. I have been looking to adopt another bird and have even went to look at some but something about these two just felt right....and the strange thing is that they arent even tame which...I thought....was one of my biggest requirements. I have always wanted a lovebird since I was a little girl. My aunt has has one for a very long time and I adore her.

Natalie...Thanks!! for the great info, sounds like they are gonna love alot of the same things mu Ollie does...yay me!!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratz on the two new Fids:)

Pumpkin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tracy
Congrats! Lovebirds are very entertaining. lol I've tamed a few not so tame ones & it just took time..trust all of that. Can't wait to hear all about them.

My lovebird loves stuff that you can chew! And he loves his rope swing, he's always on it.

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
Oh wow, how exciting. Just take your time with them and work at their speed. That is the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.