• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New additions

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awwww she's so cute :). My B&G Macaw will be 9 months old next week. She plays hard & then just stops & takes about a 20-30 second nap, then back at it again. It took her awhile to figure out how to use those big macaw feet too.

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
She's beautiful - you did a great job with her. Wish I could have another... (but I really, really want a buffons... so I'd have to engage in some covert ops.)

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
In my quest to raise a well rounded, well-socialized macaw, I took my girl to work with me today. I thought I would take her out to meet new people, experience new places, sights, and sounds so that when she goes to her forever home she can make an easy transition. She's 3 months old today and I figured if she was overwhelmed I could run her back home since I live less than a mile away. My coworkers got to fuss over her and she eagerly stepped up for all of them. Everyone got to scratch her head and I let a few customers interact with her if they were willing to wash their hands first. It was a busy day and I wasn't always within her line of sight, but she didn't call out for me, and at one point she decided she was tired so she took a quick nap. She was amazing and I'm really happy that she's so adaptable to new situations.

Attachments

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
She is beautiful.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She is just so sweet and beautiful! Someone is getting a gorgeous, excellent macaw!!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Wow! She certainly has a large band of Green feathers on her wings. I don't think I've ever seen such dominant green wings.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow! She certainly has a large band of Green feathers on her wings. I don't think I've ever seen such dominant green wings.
All of the blue is on her primaries. When she beats her wings you can really see the color but when they are folded, it’s all tucked underneath. She’s just red and green like a Christmas tree.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
She is so beautiful and sounds like a very confident baby :swoon:

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
My little girl took her first flight today. It wasn't more than 4 feet, but it was intended and under her own power. She even landed well. I'm really happy for her but sad that she's no longer a baby.

Attachments

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think we're all so in love with this beautiful baby! :swoon:

Karearea

Meeting neighbors
Reading this whole thread for the first time, it's incredible to see such progress and growth in her. I could never be a breeder, I'd just want to keep all the babies :sad3:

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's been an amazing journey with her. She has matured so fast and does nothing in small increments. One small flight from my arm to the counter and a whole new world opened up for her. Later in the evening, she flew from the top of her cage to the kitchen island several more times. The last time she attempted it she stumbled and fell off her cage. The poor girl was looking at me with a WTH? look on her face. I picked her up, gave her a cuddle, and put her back in the cage for the night.

I'm going to get started on recall training.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
They do tend to blame mom or dad for almost everything.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Before anyone jumps all over me, I just want to say that we sometimes use the light, but we NEVER turn this fan on now that we have macaws inside.

Freya is still learning to fly, and launching herself into the air from the floor has been a challenge. Last night I had her on the floor for some exercise and play time. I was distracted for a minute and it was just enough time for her to toddle over and bite me on my backside. I jumped, and she jumped right into the air, and off she went. The whole idea of steering and landing is something she can't figure out yet. She crashed into the top of the ceiling fan. You can see that look on her face - somehow this is my fault.

24EABB47-051F-49D0-8C22-97730BD1943E.JPG

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
LOL - of course it's your fault. LOL

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Before anyone jumps all over me, I just want to say that we sometimes use the light, but we NEVER turn this fan on now that we have macaws inside.

Freya is still learning to fly, and launching herself into the air from the floor has been a challenge. Last night I had her on the floor for some exercise and play time. I was distracted for a minute and it was just enough time for her to toddle over and bite me on my backside. I jumped, and she jumped right into the air, and off she went. The whole idea of steering and landing is something she can't figure out yet. She crashed into the top of the ceiling fan. You can see that look on her face - somehow this is my fault.

View attachment 371396
Oh my! She did get herself into a pickle this time! :laughin: :xflove:

AzKhaleesi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Heather

View attachment 371396
lmao No she looks very proud. I laughed so hard when I got this pic. I was like omg look at our girl. crazy baby! She's doing big things and she knows it hahahaha.