• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New Additions - Golden Shouldered Parrots

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Gorgeous! Congratulations on your new pair. They are stunning.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Beautiful!!! Congrats on your new additions!! Can't wait to hear more about them!

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:congrats: They are beautiful birds. I can't wait to see the color transformations as they get older.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Finally!!! I was bursting to 'tell on you' earlier about you finally succumbing to your MBS :p :lol:
They are gorgeous, Gerard! I'm gonna have to come and see all your flock in person one day, so be warned :wacky:

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Wow you have some stunning birds! Big congrats on these new additions--so when are you ordering another EH cage? :hehe: But seriously thanks for introducing everyone to a beautiful species and I look forward to seeing more pics of them!!

JAM

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
For those who want more info here you can find more on them including the recovery of the species :)
Golden-shouldered parrot (Department of Environment and Heritage Protection)

Interesting to note that we are definitely an impact by not understanding that the bush in Australia NEEDS fire to regenerate and keep the habitat well for it's wildlife.
Lack of proper burning in the wetlands and overgrazing has lead to their decline. :(

CheekyBeaks

Real Name
Ann-Marie
For those who want more info here you can find more on them including the recovery of the species :)
Golden-shouldered parrot (Department of Environment and Heritage Protection)

Interesting to note that we are definitely an impact by not understanding that the bush in Australia NEEDS fire to regenerate and keep the habitat well for it's wildlife.
Lack of proper burning in the wetlands and overgrazing has lead to their decline. :(
That is a great article JAM. It reminded me that there is a segment on them in the tv program/DVD of 'Australia Land of Parrots' where they showed them nesting inside the termite mounds and had grubs that lived in the substrate helped keep the nest clean.

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
Tsk! Tsk! Gerard! Gerard! You just couldnt resist your MBS. You are "catching up" to me 6 vs 8. Watchout. LOL. Seriously, congrats on gour new additions. What a privilige it must me to have such rare and beautiful birdies. Good thing you had your wildlife licence and bird carrier when you went on Saturday.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm in love with your new babies! Congrats! The male's coloring is going to be to die for!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congrats.

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tsk! Tsk! Gerard! Gerard! You just couldnt resist your MBS. You are "catching up" to me 6 vs 8. Watchout. LOL. Seriously, congrats on gour new additions. What a privilige it must me to have such rare and beautiful birdies. Good thing you had your wildlife licence and bird carrier when you went on Saturday.
Oh, give it a year or until the next bird show season and his MBS will make him catch up to you, Lynne! :D

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid - he said 6 is it. Yeah right! I reckon there is an ekkie out there waiting. I also offered to go on hols snd let him look after Murphy. He very politely declined. Cant think why!
I am sure there is room for a lory too.... :lol:
Hey, let's throw an Alex into the mix, too! Just think of the wonderful diversity of species and personalities, and all those great opportunities of learning to prepare different diets you'd have, Gerard :wacky: :roflmao: