• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Additions 2022

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
We're back from vacation and getting settled back into our life with birds. A new B&G macaw joined the flock at the store while I was away and I was able to spend some time with him today. It took a little work to get him on my arm but once we sat down and spent a few minutes together he was putty in my hands. I don't know the whole store but he's very sweet and we'll be able to find him a home without too much effort. Lucky for me, Sandy was already in her night cage or I would have gotten a severe tongue lashing from her. She's already put out that I was gone for a while week. What a hard life she has.

This is Levi. I found just the right spot while scratching his head.

Happy New Year. In just a few hours we get to start it all over again.

View attachment 420314
What a sweetheart Levi is. :heart2:
Happy New Year to you xx

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry for the loss of your cousin. I understand. Addiction is something that has plagued branches of my family, too.

I'm glad you got to visit family for the holidays and are now safely back home. Happy New Year!

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry for the loss of your cousin. I understand. Addiction is something that has plagued branches of my family, too.

I'm glad you got to visit family for the holidays and are now safely back home. Happy New Year!
Thank you. I'm the oldest cousin and first-born grandchild. As my mother was the oldest girl of 7 children many of my aunts and uncles were in their early to mid-teens when I was born. In some ways, they treat me as a peer and sometimes I'm expected to fill a role I don't feel is mine. My cousin that passed from addiction was 2 years younger than I am and there are so many early memories of things we did together that now belong just to me. It's a very strange feeling. We hadn't been close in many years and as the addiction took control of his life he distanced himself from us because we didn't see the world through the same lens. His father is one of the nicest men I know and his son's death has really affected him. He was in poor health before and this visit made it clear that it would be the last time I see him alive. I also visited my father who I have no relationship and haven't spoken to in over 20 years. It was just a very weird experience. The bright side was I got to visit my youngest grandson and he looked at me with his big brown eyes and made everything better.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It sounds like you went on a very peace giving, healing journey. May you be blessed, now & in the coming year. :hug7: