• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Additions 2022

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so happy to see so many majestic hycinth photos in the forum recently. There's no chance that I can see one in person,they are very rare here.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here are Leyona and Sadie. They are Mango's sisters from a different clutch. I booked their flights today and they are both heading home Wednesday of next week. That will be 6 red-fronted macaws that have gone home. We still have Enzo, Bo, and the harlequin that should hatch around December 1st.

IMG_7844.jpeg IMG_7843.jpeg

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They always look so trusting!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There's so much cuteness in those pics that my heart can't take it! I just love Red Fronts so much! :heart:

Aviphile

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
DeeDee
Here are Leyona and Sadie. They are Mango's sisters from a different clutch. I booked their flights today and they are both heading home Wednesday of next week. That will be 6 red-fronted macaws that have gone home. We still have Enzo, Bo, and the harlequin that should hatch around December 1st.

View attachment 417262 View attachment 417263
OMG they are fantastic!

Aviphile

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
DeeDee
They have so much attitude. One minute they are telling you off, where to go, and what to do when you get there and the next they are cradled in your arm like a baby just wanting to be loved.
They sound perfectly delightful! :heart:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So wonderful :laughing12:

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Christopher has been very sweet with me the last few days. Normally she tries to sneak up on me and bite me. I think she's finally gotten the hint that I won't tolerate her biting me for her own entertainment. She steps up easily and lets me scratch her head. I'll take what I can get.

IMG_7856.jpeg

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Christopher has been very sweet with me the last few days. Normally she tries to sneak up on me and bite me. I think she's finally gotten the hint that I won't tolerate her biting me for her own entertainment. She steps up easily and lets me scratch her head. I'll take what I can get.

View attachment 417444
Christopher’s feathering is beautiful!

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Christopher’s feathering is beautiful!
She’s a pretty girl. Her colors are amazing. The vet joked that she has cleavage. She was fed a bit of a garbage diet before she came to use and we’re slowly working that extra fat off.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Leyona and Sadie are on their way home. They were very angry with me this morning, and Sadie was being just crazy. I had originally placed small plastic leg bands on them so I could tell them apart when we did the DNA test. Mango took it upon herself to remove them so I had to rely on the microchip reader to tell them apart. That $40 reader from Amazon was absolutely worth it. Sadie jumped out of the cage when I opened the door and took it upon herself to fly around the house. Somehow she managed to bonk her head on the ceiling about 5 times. That didn't improve her attitude a bit. Once they were in the carriers they were calling out to each other the whole way to the airport.

Baby Bo moved into the cage that the red-fronted were in. She was ready for a cage of her own. We tried to let her share a cage with Enzo but he wasn't willing. He goes for his wellness exam and microchip today. He is weaning and if he continues without regression he will go home in about 2 weeks. One big bird leaves and another one arrives. If all goes well, the harlequin egg should hatch late next week. Things are finally winding down and we'll have a few months of quiet.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm glad all the red fronts have made it to their homes safely! I can only imagine how tense that makes you while they are in transit.

Enzo is such a cutie! I'd love to have a Greenwing some day...but perhaps a nice 40 yo, lol!