• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New additions 2021

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
Mom and dad have been busy. About 10 days ago she disappeared into the box and they stopped mating. I'm not going to miss that because hearing them scream and carry on 5 times a day was getting old. Yesterday I went in to change their food and water and both of them came screaming out of the nest box. They normally ignore me, but I guess something I did offended them. While they were both on the perch screaming at me I took the opportunity to lift the access door of the nest box and snap a quick picture.

I figured they would double clutch when we took that little one away from her, but for her to lay 5 eggs is a shock. She had a 100% hatch rate for her very first clutch ever, and I wonder if that will hold true for this one.

The new flight cages are on the way and should arrive in the next week. When this clutch is pulled, I'm going to move them to the new cage and not put the nest box up again until the fall. Mom and Dad will be taking a vacation, and then maybe I will too.

View attachment 377166
you will be busy

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
That looks like a nice feather up top. Did you snag it? I collect Pistachio & Marzipan's most impressive moulted feathers.

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
That looks like a nice feather up top. Did you snag it? I collect Pistachio & Marzipan's most impressive moulted feathers.
I collect all the good feathers this flock drops for me.

IMG_2169.jpeg

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's growing so fast! What a gorgeous little macaw!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
That's an amazing sight! I collect the nice, big, stiff ones & the teeny, tiny, stiff ones. :)

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Most of the feathers came from my birds. There are a few hyacinth feathers in there. On the rare chance that a boarder drops one we share them with each other. One of the biggest is from my Buffons.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
My little man, Kai, is growing fast. He's around 10 weeks old now. Starting to flap his wings like crazy and already stepping up. We've had some playtime on the floor and he runs around like crazy. Such a difference in the rate they mature compared to the green wing baby. I suspect he will be going home around the end of April. He's already eating some pellets and it's getting more difficult to feed him each day. I think we're a week or so away from the first hatching of the second clutch.

F78B28B7-4611-4125-901F-8D211A57A4D2.JPG

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
My little man, Kai, is growing fast. He's around 10 weeks old now. Starting to flap his wings like crazy and already stepping up. We've had some playtime on the floor and he runs around like crazy. Such a difference in the rate they mature compared to the green wing baby. I suspect he will be going home around the end of April. He's already eating some pellets and it's getting more difficult to feed him each day. I think we're a week or so away from the first hatching of the second clutch.

View attachment 378318
so pretty. thanks for update. give us some more pictures before he leaves.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
My little man started flying today. We were on the carpet for a little playtime and he jumped up and flew right into my chest. His mom can't wait for him to come home, and since he's started to wean I don't think it will be too long before we can plan the trip to deliver him.

In other news - the second clutch started to hatch today. I heard the cheeps of a hatching coming from the nest box this afternoon when I was refilling the water dish.

IMG_2339.HEIC.jpeg

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
What a pretty baby! What kind of macaw is he? You may have pre mentioned but I can see it

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
My little man started flying today. We were on the carpet for a little playtime and he jumped up and flew right into my chest. His mom can't wait for him to come home, and since he's started to wean I don't think it will be too long before we can plan the trip to deliver him.

In other news - the second clutch started to hatch today. I heard the cheeps of a hatching coming from the nest box this afternoon when I was refilling the water dish.

View attachment 378679
what a beauty

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
My little man is weaned. He is 88 days old today and we had to cut off his hand feeding. I guess he was taking lessons from Freya. It was a fight to get him to take it, so we stopped. There is no doubt that he's eating on his own now.

The second clutch from his parents gave us 3 chicks, so we will probably pull them this weekend after Freya goes home. The babies will go into the brooder box, and Kai will go into Freya's cage for a week. His new mom and dad can't wait to meet him. Two babies go home, and three more take over our lives.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mr Kai is 91 days old today. He had his wellness check and microchip today. Aside from being really loud, he did amazing. The Dr is really happy. Just like Freya he’s in great health. He’s been moved into her cage to make room for his siblings.

Mom and dad are a bit messy when feeding so they have spots of food on their head. I’m working on cleaning that off a little bit at a time. I don’t want them to get chilled. Three happy babies. 17 - 14 days old.

7568DC43-DB27-408F-8F6C-731FDF0966C4.jpeg

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mr Kai goes home today. I’ll be packing up and getting on the road to meet his mom and dad this afternoon. He’s a sweet boy who loves to fly and land on my head. I won’t miss that but I will miss the cuddles.

EB5CC26D-3270-43E0-9FC1-C886D0C0E58C.jpeg

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
Mr Kai goes home today. I’ll be packing up and getting on the road to meet his mom and dad this afternoon. He’s a sweet boy who loves to fly and land on my head. I won’t miss that but I will miss the cuddles.

View attachment 381365
thanks for last shot. he's beautiful and owners are lucky. tell new owners to keep use up to date with him on social media.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
thanks for last shot. he's beautiful and owners are lucky. tell new owners to keep use up to date with him on social media.
It's one of my requirements. I don't want day-to-day details, but I want updates on their progress.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
do you have any other chicks currently?