• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New addition!

MontanaMarie73

Moving in
Real Name
Montana Marie
hey guys, last night I was offered a lutino scaly breasted lorikeet off a guy my partner works with, he told me he was a “golden lorikeet” and he had no clue what it really was... he also told me he likes the taste of beer, I questioned him about that and he said, “I just have a sip, and let him lick my tongue and he loves it!” Well that was enough information for me :( I told him about how if a bird ingests human saliva it’s very toxic and he replied “nah it just depends what you eat” yeah I’d heard enough after that and decided he’d be better off with me, he did offer him to me free of charge (he was bought from a pet store hand reared) and that’s when the proud owner of “Kiki” any information and tips will be appreciated

:budgie2: Peep
:gal2: Anarchy
:greenscaly: Kiki

Attachments

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
he told me he was a “golden lorikeet” and he had no clue what it really was
:blink:
he also told me he likes the taste of beer, I questioned him about that and he said, “I just have a sip, and let him lick my tongue and he loves it!”
:eek:
I told him about how if a bird ingests human saliva it’s very toxic and he replied “nah it just depends what you eat”
:bash:

Thank you for getting that poor darling out of there! :hug8: I can't wait to hear all about her as she settles in.

MontanaMarie73

Moving in
Real Name
Montana Marie
:blink:

:eek:

:bash:

Thank you for getting that poor darling out of there! :hug8: I can't wait to hear all about her as she settles in.

She’s been out of her cage all the time and goes in and out as she pleases, would prefer to be on my shoulder though and makes a high pitched shriek when I leave the room, even if someone else is holding her lol, absolutely love her. She also puts herself to bed at about 7:30 so I cover her cage up. :loveshower:

:budgie2::gal2::greenscaly:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I just opened the door and gave a loud scream because of the stupidity of the former owner.

So glad you were able to rescue this baby. She’s beautiful.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
That's for helping her!