• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Addition: Meyer's Parrot

binesi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bonnie S
I am excited to introduce my new baby Meyer's whom I've named 'Newton'! Newton won't be able to come home until s/he is weaned but his caregivers tell me s/he is a typical Poicephalus and not showing any outlier characteristics so far, at the ripe age of 6.5 weeks :)

I've been searching for a parrot companion for a very long time. My research lead me to two groups, Pionus & Poicephalus. Pionus, I would have to say are my dream birds, but near impossible to find from reputable breeders in my area so I turned my focus to Poicephalus. I'm very excited to have found a hand-fed and hand tamed Meyers as they too are becoming more difficult to find. The generalized Meyer's personality fits me to a T and I'm super excited to welcome Newton home. Everything is ready for him; now we wait!

Newton's baby pic for tax...

Capture2.jpg

cmor

Moving in
Real Name
Christine
Newton is adorable. I have an almost 3 year old Meyers and she is the best. She's super sweet, a little sassy (it's tolerable), pretty quiet and entertains herself with her toys. You're going to love her/him :)

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So cute :congrats5:

A.K

Sprinting down the street
So fluffy and adorable!!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

binesi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bonnie S
Newton is adorable. I have an almost 3 year old Meyers and she is the best. She's super sweet, a little sassy (it's tolerable), pretty quiet and entertains herself with her toys. You're going to love her/him :)
Thank you! I hope for the same great relationship with Newton!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations.

binesi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bonnie S
Newton update! The wait is not over but I think he will be ready to come home soon. He no longer looks like a baby dinosaur! I will be having him DNA sexed before he comes home. The outcome won’t matter but It would be nice to know his/her sex since we will be spending the next few decades together :)

6528A254-209C-4CBA-9D01-499B3B8106B2.jpeg C7297CDF-2181-4D62-A4ED-D801DECF5D86.jpeg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
So cute.