• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Never Before Seen Budgie Behavior-Any Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
Well, never before seen by me, anyways. . .

So a few days ago, I was playing with Lily and she did something that I had never seen before.

She kinda. . . arched her back and the feathers on her head rose, and she started PINNING HER EYES! I put this in all caps because Lily NEVER pins her eyes. (Apparently she just doesn't love me that much. . .) She did this for a few seconds and then was completely fine. It's not like anything was hurting her, because she was just chilling. I didn't even put my hand towards her.

So, any idea on what the heck this was? She's been fine ever since but I am still just kinda curious? Was it some odd. . . I don't know. . . mating thing? Or maybe she really was hurt?

I am just clueless here!
So any comments and/or advice is welcome and appreciated!

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
could of been her mating thing, could of been something caught her attention

my budgies pin their eyes a lot and for a lot of different reasons. Main one being they Love bells and go nuts when playing them Pinning their eyes a lot, my males do it when they see their "woman" or one they like lol , they do it over their favorite food as well

but from your description i'd say it was absolutely nothing you did, She maybe warming up to you and Liking you for more then a "friend" LOL, or something just caught her attention - could of been on t.v. out side, something shiny , could of just been a dust bunny floating through the air :)

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
By arching, do you mean her tail ended up in the air? Was she making quiet little cooing noises?

It sounds like her "presenting" herself to you.... lol

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
What atvchick said- all my budgies other than the baby have pinned for me at one time or another. :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
true love!!!!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez

You know, I think her tail was in the air. Haha. Strange little bird.

But I don't recall any noises. . .
My female budgies never made noises (well..Baby did she was handraised and sang like a boy and had the brownest muddiest colored cere ever) and she would pin her eyes and raise her tail and arch her back... MATING response. Not only that, she was gender confused and would try to mate with the other female budgies... but she was definitely a female.

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
My female budgies never made noises (well..Baby did she was handraised and sang like a boy and had the brownest muddiest colored cere ever) and she would pin her eyes and raise her tail and arch her back... MATING response. Not only that, she was gender confused and would try to mate with the other female budgies... but she was definitely a female.
That's a little odd. :hehe:

Yeah, Lily hasn't done it since, so I guess it was just a one time thing. . .:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.