• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nest box

Status
Not open for further replies.

isma945

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ismael Lara
Hi every one, just wanted to let you know that two months ago i placed a nest box for my ring necks (male-green,female-yellow) they hadent showed much interst in it until today i saw dad climb out of the box and i looked in two the nest and it looks like there preparing the nest so any day know we excpect to see mom inside.

isma945

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ismael Lara
well Im sure they will come around any time soon. do you know what colors can come of a green-male and lutino female ringneck.

sophiamarini

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sophia
Found it!

Ok, it was as I suspected - the same as Alexandrines.

With a green cock and a lutino hen you would get 50% chance green hens and 50% chance green cocks which are split for lutino, which mean the males would carry a split gene meaning they could (possibly) produce lutino babies.

My Alex boy is split for lutino, so we are hoping that he will produce a lutino Alex!

isma945

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ismael Lara
ok thanks you know. Just real quick the man we purchased them from said they produced blues and he showed us one when he bought them do you know if the male or female is split? thanks. i think the male is split because he has like bluish feathers on his tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.