• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nest box maker

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have previously purchased nest boxes from The Feather Farm in California. They are having an issue with their machinery and haven't been able to make metal nest boxes for the last few months. Is there another manufacturer someone can point me towards? I need a nest box for my eclectus pair, and one for another pair of greys that is ready to start breeding. I have a few very large boxes, but they are hyacinth-sized and far too big to attach to the cage. Thanks.

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
I've ordered from Nest Boxes before but I don't think they do metal.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I reached out to Eagle Creek but never heard back from them. I was able to get two nest boxes at a recent bird-mart and the Eclectus seems to be settling in just fine. They are wood, but for the price, it was worth it if I get a season or two out of them before I need to replace them.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
I have previously purchased nest boxes from The Feather Farm in California. They are having an issue with their machinery and haven't been able to make metal nest boxes for the last few months. Is there another manufacturer someone can point me towards? I need a nest box for my eclectus pair, and one for another pair of greys that is ready to start breeding. I have a few very large boxes, but they are hyacinth-sized and far too big to attach to the cage. Thanks.
I am there every Saturday. Do you want me to ask the owner if she has any to sell to you?

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am there every Saturday. Do you want me to ask the owner if she has any to sell to you?
I could use 1 African grey box but I’m good otherwise. I moved some pairs around to make better use of the space and now everyone has a nest box. One pair of greys had a large metal box and I replaced it with a wooden one. They don’t like it so a metal boot box would be great for them.