• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nervous about vet visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrashSmAshley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ashley
Do you guys ever get nervous about taking your fids to the vet? This will be Simon's first time...So many thoughts running through my mind!

carkam

Avenue Veteran
:omg: Yes !! Both times for the physicals, would they be stressed, would the vet find something wrong, and then the wait to see if there is anything found Etc... I was a very nervous parront!

trout

Real Name
Bobby
I was a little nervous that they would find something wrong, I was more nervous after I found out that the vet was female, Fenway hates women so I knew there would be many bite attempts.

CrashSmAshley

Real Name
Ashley
I have the same thoughts. Will he behave? How will he do with the beak/nail trim? What if they find something? :faint:

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
My vet is VERY good with birds. I am normally not nervous, unless I know that something is wrong with my birds. Like when Maddie got sick (and later died). I was so terrified.
If it's just a well vet check and they seem healthy, I'm not worried.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Good luck.

Yoshi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
Yes! Just went through this with Herbie. All was good and we survived. Good luck! :hug8:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Let us know how things go Ashley:) Tell Simon to be on his best behavior.

CrashSmAshley

Real Name
Ashley
The vet visit...was absolutely wonderful! He got a physical exam, a fecal exam and his nails trimmed. Dr. Bruce did say Simon had some stress bars on his feathers but it could be diet related from the past (I've only had Simon since the 14th!). I told him about Simon's current diet, which consists of fruits and veggies everyday with bee pollen (and his ZuPreem natural pellets that he can munch on too), and he said within a few months we should start to see improvements. I also talked to him about other nutrition topics and he said that a lot of principles applied to cats and dogs can be used with birds as well, which is good since I'm a nutritionist!

Status
Not open for further replies.