• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Neosporin

Albert

Checking out the neighborhood
Hey guys,
I just wanted to warn anyone about using Neosporin on parrots. I’m not sure if it is just my sunconure but I applied Neosporin ( the greasy kind) on his injured toe and he ripped his toe off. He’s doing fine right now, I’ve taken him to the vet and he’s on antibiotics but I just wanted people to be careful. I’m sure the creamy kind is okay though!

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
:welcometrain: Welcome to the avenue. I didn't think any human ointments or medicines would be safe to use on your bird unless you asked your vet before hand. Did your vet recommend you to apply on it on the wound?

Albert

Checking out the neighborhood
:welcometrain: Welcome to the avenue. I didn't think any human ointments or medicines would be safe to use on your bird unless you asked your vet before hand. Did your vet recommend you to apply on it on the wound?
Hello!
And no, I was told to give him .1 Ml of zeniquin and of a nutrient complex. They also bandaged his foot with a boot. I was told in the past that neosporin was okay for animals but I should’ve done more research!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Sorry, please don't use medications on your bird without vet advise.
I hope he is on his way to recovery.