• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nemo & I!

BlueNemo

Moving in
Real Name
Tayla
Good afternoon all,

I hope everyone is

I recently got my first Indian Ringneck (it’s his first week at home with me tomorrow), he is 4 months old and an absolute stunner (with a lot of attitude), he has a few of his claws missing which does not affect him in any way!

Being new to these forums, I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction towards raising, bonding and taming my new bird (I have done research and continue to research, but I’m now beginning to find conflicting information which is why I’m seeking other bird owners).

Nemo is not tame and I understand it will require a lot of patience, time and care (as with any animal).

I’m conscious that I want to get this right, so I can give him the best life possible!

Thank you for your time, Nemo & Tayla❤

Attachments

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
:cngrt5: On getting your first Indian Ringneck! Nemo is stunning! For taming, the most important thing is to stay patient, and spend time with them. Just sit outside his cage, read to him, play music to him, etc. Make sure that he feels calm around you before you start trying to do anything else :) Good luck with your beautiful bird!

BlueNemo

Moving in
Real Name
Tayla
:cngrt5: On getting your first Indian Ringneck! Nemo is stunning! For taming, the most important thing is to stay patient, and spend time with them. Just sit outside his cage, read to him, play music to him, etc. Make sure that he feels calm around you before you start trying to do anything else :) Good luck with your beautiful bird!
Gigi, thank you so much for your quick response - I’m terrified to make any mistake with him, I speak to him every morning telling him that I’m changing his food and water. What helps is that I’m a gamer, so he gets to listen to me chatting away when I’m speaking with friends! I look forward to getting to know people from the forums, hopefully build relationships to help guide me through!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Tayla and Nemo! 1.welcome signs.gif

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
:welcometrain:

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
Hello and welcome!!!
he is absolutely gorgeous! That pale blue just melted me into a puddle or was it the heat? Nope, it’s that blue!!

keep the pictures coming, there is never too many! :laugh: :heart:

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
:welcomegroup: :starshower:

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
Welcome! Hi Nemo!

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
Welcome Nemo and Tayla!
He is a stunner for sure! Sorry I’m not much help but everyone has given you good advice so far! Maybe check out some posts in Ringneck and other keet street in the forums to see some experiences and advice from other people with ring necks as well!
As some other members have suggested, we love pictures and there is never enough!!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:welcome2:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue