• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Needing prayers for strength

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am so sorry.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I am so so sorry. After my German Shepherd passed away, I never thought I would have another pet. He was just so very special. Smart and yes, you could tell things from their eyes.

I pray you have someone close to give you a physical hug.

We care.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so sorry

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm so very sorry you have to go through this. It goes against every instinct to let go and requires alot of courage and strength to do what is best for our companion creatures when it's necessary to help them cross Rainbow Bridge to a new pain free life. :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
So sorry for your loss :sadhug2: My pups are starting to slow down as well, I am dreading the day... 13 is a great life for GS's :sorrow:

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Leyna passed away peacefully in my arms last night. I was able to hold her and whisper everything that I wanted to say before and during her passing. My wonderful son came to support me. I agonized over whether or not I was making the right decision, knowing there were palliative options available that would have sustained her life a bit longer. But deep down I knew it was time, and that she needed to pass with dignity and with minimal suffering.
The minutes prior to giving them the go ahead to release her was agonizing. She kept looking at me as if she knew, and it tore me apart.

I couldn't have asked for a better vet, one that I actually hadn't met until last night, as her regular vet wasn't available. But she was the perfect person to gently guide, answer questions and compassionately support Leyna, my son and me.

I miss my beautiful grey muzzled girl so much. I miss the feel of her fur, her sounds, her smell. She was my girl, always by my side, protecting, loving and keeping watch over me. My life was made better because of her presence in it. Now I must learn to live life without my baby girl. My heart is broken.

Thank you, everyone, for your loving support. You are helping me grieve and to know I truly did right by her. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I'm really sorry but she is miserable in life now so your doing the right thing even if it hurts so badly. I was lucky that when Nerd bird passed he was with me in my room sitting on my wrist at the computer desk, one of his favorite places to hang out. She will be comforted and know she is loved to the end :sadhug:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
That’s one of the hardest things a person can go through, and I’m so sorry. I’m glad you liked the vet, and I hope soon you find comfort in your memories.
:sadhug2:

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
As hard as it was I'm sure you are glad you were there, and so was she. Sorry for your loss, I'm sure she is still with you.:sorrow:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I am so sorry. You gave her a great life and a peaceful end. That is all any of us can wish for.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
So sorry for your loss of Leyna. Thinking of you today

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sadhug2: Love Shepherds. That is a long life for a Shepherd...mine hardly ever made it past 10. Sending you comforting thoughts but when the time comes you have to do whats best when a loved one is suffering & there is no chance of recovery.:angel2: