• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I was just talking to a breeder, they gave me an idea/something I might want to try with my 7 IRN babies. It was, to put them in a cage with perches, seed, soft veggies etc during the day, and then put them in the brooder when it comes near bed time, when they're old enough to start climbing (2 are trying) I can put them in the cage, which will be the same cage they go in every day, when they no longer need to be in a brooder and that way they'll be used to the cage if I were to put them in it every day until they go to bed and they'll recognize it and be able to get around (hopefully) better.

What do you think?!

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Sounds like a great idea. Keep the perches down as low as you can get them so there's no risk of injury to clumsy, learning, perchers. Make sure there is a variety of size perches so they can find something comfortable for their feet - large, wide diameter ones which will be similar, almost, to be flat on the floor and also narrow ones that they can wrap, and lock, their toes around.

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Sounds like a good idea, so long as your house is reasonably warm.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Sounds good! :)

Yes, this time of year in Australia you really don't even need a brooder. Only for those rainy days.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I was going to keep them in the cage over night last night, but my house is FREEZING cold and I didn't want them going cold so I put them in the brooder. I'll be putting them in the brooder unless it's a boiling hot day.

Thanks guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.