• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need urgent help

Mahi

Moving in
Hello im new here and im writing from Pakistan
My lovebird Eric has been acting lazy since morning. I noticed that he is not eating like he eats everyday and is sleeping. I only saw him eating his feed for like twice or thrice and that too just couple of bites. I was worried and told my parents but they said that may be im just freaking out and nothing big. But now even my father said that he is acting weird. I cannot take him to a vet as there is no avian vet in our area and now with the lockdown due to covid-19 all vet clinics are closed. His poop seems normal to me although his other partner is also in the cage so dont knw which one is his poop. Right now he is sleeping as its night in here

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Could you tell us more about what you mean by lazy? Is he fluffed up and holding still or moving slowly? Does he have any strange movements of his head or body? Is his nose (nares) clean and dry or is there wetness around them?

Keeping him warm and with food and water nearby is very important if he is sick.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Could be so many things.

Possibly overheated/dehydrated
Possibly illness
Could Eric be a female? Maybe egg related.
How old is Eric? Could be age related.

Mahi

Moving in
Could you tell us more about what you mean by lazy? Is he fluffed up and holding still or moving slowly? Does he have any strange movements of his head or body? Is his nose (nares) clean and dry or is there wetness around them?

Keeping him warm and with food and water nearby is very important if he is sick.
I dont knw his exact age but may b around 1 year. Acting lazy as in that he is acting on his perch all fluffed up barely making any movement. And their isnt any wetness around his nose aur anything. I saw him taking a bath today also yesterday could it be fever?

Mahi

Moving in
Could be so many things.

Possibly overheated/dehydrated
Possibly illness
Could Eric be a female? Maybe egg related.
How old is Eric? Could be age related.
Might be heat cux its very hot in here.
No he is a male so..