• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need Urgent Help With My Budgie Who Has Just Lost His Companion

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
I couldn't watch the video. But you can call ask the person you got them from if this was something they ever observed?

Keep your new ones separate. I do this for a month. ( except thst one time thst nearly cost me everything) Wash hands well before any interaction with yours. Keep everything very clean.. hopefully they will nibble on a leaf of romaine, or bell pepper good sources if vitamin A and that helps boost immunity.

The first day in my home my budgies would get terrified and breath heavy. They also didn't eat. But any concerns at all and I hope you will get a vet check.

Thank you for your support regarding my flock and sweet Blue Boy.

Im.so sorry for your loss as well. Often these little escaped budgies are recovered by someone. There is parrot 911 alert a web site dedicated to lost and found parrots. Many budgies are found. I tried to find Blue Boys family but never did. But during that time 3 other budgies were rescued from outdoors around me. One a tien over was being fed by an ice cream shop owner for a few days till they lured it inside. So for our hearts im going to choose to believe yours was rescued by a kind soul.

Congratulations on your new guys! Pictures. Fingers crossed no health issues.

When the time comes to introduce yours all together, I firmly believe it will be fine. Once your 30 days are over. Any you are sure they are healthy. Put the cages in the same room across from each other for a few days . Then move the cages side by side for a few days. Then maybe you can take the cages into a bedroom and put out some millet and let them all out together. That's how I first introduced my budgies to my bigger parrots. But if your new guys are flighted, make sure blinds or curtains are drawn . As it takes them a while to learn your home and windows. I have burd stike prevention stickers/ window clings on my big windows.

tithi.p_

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Tithi
My youngest budgie is about 3 months old and he will breathe like that for a minute or two if something really scares him.
Thank you so much for informing me! This is definitely a relief :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Make sure your mom understands the importance of not using cooking pans that have non stick coatings. All of your budgies could die within minutes of any gas release from a too hot pan.

Keep an eye on them for that abnormal breathing, its not normal unless they are panting from being too hot. Dont forget to vet check all budgies soon. Are you working a job or on allowance?

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Thank you SO much for some insight on your experience doing this! I am so sorry that your little buddy was sick at that time :( Is he doing okay now? Thank you very much for your kind wishes! So the thing is, I have actually asked the person who I'm getting them from and she's told me that they're in fact, not too bonded! Apparently they've been living together for 3 weeks only. The budgie who is 2 years old used to live with an elderly lady who has hand tamed him very well. The budgie was the elderly lady's ONLY budgie so he is more interactive with humans actually than with his own species. The 6 months budgie, however, is more bird interactive. If they're not bonded, do you think I can house the 3 budgies together? (provided that they're not bullying one another)
thanks, no my youngest budgie got very sick and passed when he was 2 :( That's when I realised he had been sick from birth, looking back it all made sense but at the time I didn't know that much about birds.
I'd say it is better for you that those 2 aren't so bonded, but birds are like us, they have their own personalities so what happens between 3 birds in one home won't necessarily be the same with 3 other birds in another home. You nearly have to try and see..