• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Need to Rehome Talking Pineapple Green Cheek Conure

pinata

Checking out the neighborhood
Approximately 3 years old, young Pineapple Green Cheek Conure named Pinata. He was hand fed as a baby. We named him pinata because he is so colorful, we are not sure if he is actually a boy, but it just stuck because my son thought he was a boy. Breaks my heart to see him go, but moving into a much smaller apartment because of finances and he can be a LOUD at times. He needs more attention and time outside the cage than I give him. He says a few words, and goes through phases with what he says, VERY smart bird! He says "Pinata, Im a Pinata, Eddie, Pinata STOP IT, and his favorite PEEKABOO" he loves Johnny Cash and will bounce to it. . He has been fed pellets and veggies and some seed mix. He will imitate the oven timer going off beep ing…He is not currently clipped--he has been in the past, and was fine both ways. When he is not clipped he will fly to you. He can be nippy when you dont take him out much but he warms up quickly. He will walk around on the couch and hang out with you, and he will sit on your shoulder for as long as you let him. He loves toys and he LOVE/HATES any toy with a bell on it, it's pretty hilarious. He is normally noisy at dusk. He is super smart, he will let you preen his pinfeathers and let you know when he's had enough of you. He's pretty easy to read when he wants to be left alone, which is NOT often. He is NOT A CHILDS PET, if he gets mad he WILL bite you and it HURTS! He just wants attention and maybe some apple slices! I want him to go to a great home with loving person who will give him everything he needs and pay attention to him, and has the money for an avian vet if he ever has an issue when he's old (he's never had any issues). I would prefer someone who knows about birds to have him, and be safe from cats and dogs. Please be knowledgeable and educate yourself about birds before you buy one. No teflon in the house, no scented candles, no strong scents, no ceiling fans, no open doors, etc. He LOVES baths, put out a casserole dish with lukewarm water and he will give you a show! He's easily entertained with any toy--even some wadded up paper, he will pick it up and throw it off the ledge of a table. He's the coolest bird around. He comes with a large cage super cute style by Prevue with wheels which was $400 new, measures 24" wide x 21" deep and 51" tall. Also included is the cover made by Prevue which retails for $25, and a Prevue metal Playstand with wheels measures 17.625 x 16.5 x 59" tall which I paid $75 for, and a small wood travel cage. He will come with all of that, toys, branch perches, glass water bottle, some ladders, etc and I have about a half a bag of pellets. Feel free to ask questions, there is a relatively large re-homing fee I am asking to make sure you are legitimate! Pickup only in Agoura Hills CA, I do not want to stress him out by shipping him! And please don't change his name, he knows it and likes it. I dont know how to attach videos on here so message me if you are interested further. Thanks!

Attachments

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What an adorable and handsome boy. I'm so sorry that you have to rehome him. I hope your able to find the most amazing wonderful home.

pinata

Checking out the neighborhood
Thank you, me too. He is such a sweet boy. If you know anyone who may be interested let me know <3

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I sure hope little Piñata lands softly in a great home. He has a very sweet little face.