• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need to rehome an aggressive jenday conure

signalman

Checking out the neighborhood
I need to find a good home for a jenday conure. She is about 5 years old. She has become very aggressive toward people and my other birds. She constantly chases my Sunday conure and goffins cockatoo. I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. I have thought about this for the better part of a year. I have tried training but she just isn’t interested in it. I love all of my birds, but it seems that my home is just not the right one for her. I will include a small cage. I won’t charge any money for her or the cage. I live on the west side of Indianapolis, Indiana. I can bring her to you if you are local. 90E3674C-B4C0-45BF-BEED-5C131BE04097.jpeg E3430482-E0FE-44BB-9CA2-69F05DDAD3D0.jpeg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You may be better to charge money even though you don't want it, just to make sure your bird goes to a home where the humans have funds available and will spend it on her when needed for vet, toys, quality foods etc. Especially if she is going to a stranger.
You could donate the money to a charity of your choice or a bird sanctuary.

Good luck finding her a home.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's beautiful. I am sorry you have to rehome her.

signalman

Actually, we’ve had a change of heart. Even though she is aggressive, my wife and I still love her. We will instead look for tips on how to get her to settle down.

signalman

sunnysmom, that is a pretty goffins cockatoo in your pic. My wife and I have one as well.

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
I live in Greenwood, and would have taken her, but I understand wanting to keep her afterall. Just give her time, and lots of love. But if you need a bird sitter..... Take care.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Actually, we’ve had a change of heart. Even though she is aggressive, my wife and I still love her. We will instead look for tips on how to get her to settle down.
So wonderful to hear this.

Situations like this (actually all situations) boil down to environment. Creating barriers/zones by adapting the home is the key. You can not realistically train this behaviour away. If they don't like each other that's not bound to change.

In time (years) of this way of living and even enemies can learn to co-exist.

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Just a suggestion...
Engage Pam Clark for a consultation and help. It's very affordable and I personally have a similar philosophy.

(I also have engaged her...)

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
It’s great that you decided not to rehome her. :heart: I hope all goes well with working to make sure she gets along with everyone else or making suitable barriers.