• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need some advice

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
It looks that way. You may have to buy from a site from your country.
I am confused. The vet recommended me this site and it is the only one I can get a quality one. The ones in my country are zinced or the space betwee bars are large. I will have to look on Amazon to see if I can find anything that will ship to me.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would give them a call and check with them in person.

The UK dialling code is +44

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
I would give them a call and check with them in person.

The UK dialling code is +44
I don't think I can proceed with the purchase, since it does not let me continue with the details of the purchase.
I have found some cages on a site from my country. Can somebody tell me if they are ok?
Sorry, I do not have a translation for the pages, there are only pictures.

this one : Noble Colivie pentru papagali has a bar spacing of 2,5 cm
and this one : Caesar Colivie pentru papagali has a bar spacing of 2,6 cm

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
I live in croatia and have no problem with orders from Northern Parrots

You also might want to check this store out
It's in the Netherlands.. and is a bit more affordable..

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
I know I should stop googling all this stuff, but I read about CaEDTA that normally it is used intramuscular for about 3-5 days.
My vet told me to use it for 28 days, but to give only 0,2 ml orally twice a day. I guess, since it is in such small doses that is okay. I am not trying to doubt him, I am just curious.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It wouldn't hurt to check on that. I thought the oral treatment was limited to five days with a rest period of five to seven days between additional treatments.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I live in croatia and have no problem with orders from Northern Parrots
I believe that you can order toys and food but not cages overseas.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Im so glad that the surgery went well.Please do not hesitate to ask questions-that is how we all learn. This cage Caesar Colivie pentru papagali in my opinion is very dangerous.The decorative top sides can and will trap a birds head/neck at some point in time:( The cage bars should be no more then one inch apart.

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
I believe that you can order toys and food but not cages overseas.
Incorrect.
To the best of my knowledge and understanding they may only add surcharges and the delivery may take longer on bulky and expensive items. (Romania included).
Screenshot_20200816-060140.png

Screenshot_20200816-054149.png

Double the usual shipping to me
I think it comes down to being registered on the site.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Incorrect.
To the best of my knowledge and understanding they may only add surcharges and the delivery may take longer on bulky and expensive items. (Romania included).
View attachment 350274

View attachment 350270

Double the usual shipping to me
I think it comes down to being registered on the site.
Toy Story Aliens GIFs | Tenor

I´m gonna go check it out a little more! Thanks :)

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Ulis_Beast so when I do this it comes up as 19.98 delivery however it won´t let me order. Some items say they are shipped direct from their suppliers so you get the notice ¨ Unfortunately certain products (marked Direct Despatch) are only available for delivery to UK mainland addresses. Please change your delivery address or remove the product from your basket. ¨
When I have the cage you chose in the cart it says ¨ Please review your basket and select Standard Delivery or choose another item. ¨ But I cannot choose standard delivery, ony international delivery.

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
@Ulis_Beast so when I do this it comes up as 19.98 delivery however it won´t let me order. Some items say they are shipped direct from their suppliers so you get the notice ¨ Unfortunately certain products (marked Direct Despatch) are only available for delivery to UK mainland addresses. Please change your delivery address or remove the product from your basket. ¨
When I have the cage you chose in the cart it says ¨ Please review your basket and select Standard Delivery or choose another item. ¨ But I cannot choose standard delivery, ony international delivery.
Same is for me. I ordered a cage from a site from my country.

Also, went to the vet today for her to get some meds and he told me to put underneath her feet some pet pads for dogs to change them twice a day, but she seems to chew on them, which I think is not that great. If you could suggest me something else, that would be great.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
If you could suggest me something else, that would be great.
Non pilling fleece - it is cheap, no loose fibres and dries super quickly after washing.
Either buy a few metres, or get a few pieces so you can wash and alternate to keep the area clean.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
this one : Noble Colivie pentru papagali has a bar spacing of 2,5 cm
and this one : Caesar Colivie pentru papagali has a bar spacing of 2,6 cm
The Noble cage is far, far too small.

The Caesar cage is a better size but the decorative sides with the spokes is dangerous. I know that you may not have much choice, so I would get this cage but put some kind of covering over that part of the cage so the bird cannot get their head stuck.

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
I have already ordered the Noble cage (cant cancel it) since the vet also recommended me getting that one and it was the only available one and I can't wait more time since Yoko is getting impatient and restless in that small travel cage.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The internal dimensions of the Noble cage are only 23 x 21 inches/59 x 54 cm. The seed guard is included in the external dimensions, making the cage look bigger.

Alexandrine parrots have an average wingspan of 25". The Noble cage won't allow your bird to even stretch her wings fully. As such, the cage is inappropriate as a long-term, permanent cage. If you can't cancel the delivery and can't get any other cage then you can use it for now, but please try to get hold of a bigger cage as soon as possible. The Noble cage might do as a sleep cage.

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
This could help..
I checked, checked again and double checked then proceeded to checkout (without a problem)
The shipping costs on all cages is 99€ (to Slovenia).
Screenshot_20200816-173538.png

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have already ordered the Noble cage (cant cancel it)
Have you called them?
Ask to cancel and say you will reject the delivery so it is sent back unopened and untouched.

If you can't cancel the delivery and can't get any other cage then you can use it for now, but
Honestly I wouldn´t. That´s so expensive. I´d really stand strong on returning this cage and buying a bigger one off the bat. Take it from someone who bought a bunch of stupid cages and wasted so much. I wish I just bought the more expensive cages I have now first, I would have saved loads.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I´d really stand strong on returning this cage and buying a bigger one off the bat. Take it from someone who bought a bunch of stupid cages and wasted so much. I wish I just bought the more expensive cages I have now first, I would have saved loads.
When asked what I do over if I could, it's exactly this! Spend right the first time and you save money.